B-Sens Score Four Unanswered in 4-1 Win over Amerks
ROCHESTER, NY - The Binghamton Senators scored four unanswered goals for the second straight game in a 4-1 road win over the Rochester Americans at Blue Cross Arena on Monday night.
Rochester took the lead at 9:07 of the first period on an odd-man rush. Justin Bailey took the puck from his own right wing circle all the way down the ice and sent a wrist shot by Matt O'Connor for a 1-0 advantage. The goal was Bailey's 10th of the season assisted by Tim Kennedy and Casey Nelson.
The Senators responded 46 seconds later to even the score at one. Chris Rumble gathered the puck inside the offensive zone left wing circle and sent a wrister by the pads of goaltender Linus Ullmark for his second of the year. Jason Akeson and Kyle Flanagan were credited with the assists.
Nick Paul scored his third goal of the season late in the first period to give the Senators a 2-1 lead. Paul took a pass from Phil Varone and put an attempt on net that was pushed away by Ullmark but slid over the goal line at 18:04. After one period the B-Sens trailed in shots 14-8.
After no scoring in the second, Binghamton added to its lead in the third period on the power play. With Buddy Robinson providing the screen in front of the net, Rumble took a shot through traffic that sailed by Ullmark for his second of the night and third of the year for a 3-1 lead with 7:50 to go in the game. Michael Kostka and Jack Rodewald assisted the goal.
Rodewald made it a 4-1 lead for the Senators at 14:43. Paul sent a cross-ice pass to Rodewald who ripped a slap shot from the right wing circle by Ullmark for the three-goal advantage. Rodewald's sixth of the year was assisted by Paul and Ben Harpur.
O'Connor stopped 26 of 27 shots for the win while Ullmark denied 27 of 21 for the loss.
The Senators are back on the road Wednesday night in Albany at 7:00 p.m. Fans can tune in on U.S. Country 96.9 FM, 680 AM, iHeartRadio's website and mobile app, and AHL Live.
Affordable ticket packages for the 2016-17 season of Binghamton Senators hockey are on sale now! For more information on tickets, including pricing and location, visit www.binghamtonsenators.com or call the Senators front office at 607-722-SENS (7367).
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtonsenators.com. Follow the Senators all year long on Facebook (/binghamtonsenators), Twitter (@SenatorsAHL), Instagram (@senatorsahl), Snapchat (@bsenshockey), and the team's Youtube channel (/BinghamtonSenators).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 19, 2016
- Manitoba Defeat Iowa - Manitoba Moose
- Wild Falls to Moose, Iowa Streak Snapped - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Score Four Unanswered in 4-1 Win over Amerks - Binghamton Senators
- Avalanche Reassign Goaltender Spencer Martin - San Antonio Rampage
- Week 10: Hogs Snap Winless Streak with Two Victories - Rockford IceHogs
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update: December 19 - San Antonio Rampage
- New Outdoor Ice Rink Comes to West Des Moines - Iowa Wild
- Chris Bourque, Ryan Craig Named Playing Captains for 2017 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ryan Craig Named Playing Captain for 2017 AHL All-Star Classic - Cleveland Monsters
- Chris Bourque, Ryan Craig Named Captains for 2017 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 19-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Weekly #10: B-Sens Have Points in Five of Their Last Six Games - Binghamton Senators
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Enter Holiday Break on High Note - Ontario Reign
- Wolves Roundup: December 19-25, 2016 - Chicago Wolves
- Hershey's Vitek Vanecek Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Minnesota Recalls Pat Cannone from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Reassign Tim Kennedy to Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Ugly Sweater Night December 21 - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall Nick Jensen - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.