UFL announcement expected this week...

The United Football League (UFL) forum
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill »

Oh, God, a college kid?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.
Nation86
Site Admin

Post by Nation86 »

This will be my last post on OSC. I am tired of being attacked for reporting what I have heard. I mean - you would think the fact that the official league site links to my OSC original piece from October would prove something to some of the folks on here, but that apparently isn't the case.

So have fun.

Signing off,
Nation
S.Sox
Site Admin

Post by S.Sox »

[quote=""Nation86""]This will be my last post on OSC. I am tired of being attacked for reporting what I have heard. I mean - you would think the fact that the official league site links to my OSC original piece from October would prove something to some of the folks on here, but that apparently isn't the case.

So have fun.

Signing off,
Nation[/quote]

Nation86,

I enjoy your comments and your other forum, hope you change your mind regarding "signing off". We all are looking for info on the UFL & some are getting frustrated by the delay.....don't take it personal!!

S.Sox
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill »

[quote=""Nation86""]This will be my last post on OSC. I am tired of being attacked for reporting what I have heard. I mean - you would think the fact that the official league site links to my OSC original piece from October would prove something to some of the folks on here, but that apparently isn't the case.

So have fun.

Signing off,
Nation[/quote]

You know what will prove it to us? When they announce stuff. Including all the stuff they've told a college kid that they have already signed, sealed and delivered.

And then when they play a game, that'll prove something else.

All they've proven so far is that they can get stuff past a college kid's bullsh!t meter. Which is a really, really low threshold.
SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino »

So have fun.

Signing off,
Nation[/quote]

Come on now. You said you HAD an announcement. Then postponed. Again. And again.

We've heard this before. We've been much nicer to you than other people who make press releases for leagues that are nowhere close to happening. A lot of us WANT to give the UFL a chance but will not be blind homers.

It's not like we've accused you of being Jim Terry yet or anything...chill out.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'm waiting for UFL news too. If any news was going happen a newspaper would report it not a fansite.

We have every right to be skeptical. First it was be announced mid January now its mid February.

It's wait and see approach until then I will follow what the AAFL does, a league Nation has critcized on other boards.

They have teams, schedule in places, coaches now were just waiting for the tv deal.

Fran
Nation86
Site Admin

Post by Nation86 »

I will make one last post to point something out - I simply reported what Huyghue told me regarding the announcements. I don't know why things have been held up - my feeling is that they are locking down additional things - but perhaps it is bad news. I can't know for certain.

I am not just a damn college kid. I am graduating from a top university and I have worked a number of high profile jobs throughout my collegiate career. UFLAccess is a fun side project and I hope we have lots of news to report on as the league - hopefully - announces soon... but it is a labor of love, not one built to make a profit.

I have interviewed Huyghue twice now - both times I "broken" news, some of which was later reported in newspapers. I hope to land another interview with him once an announcement occurs - which I hope will be soon but, again, I can make no guarantees.

I would offer to show folks emails, etc. to provide further sourcing but frankly it isn't worth my time. I'd much rather focus on other things.
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths »

I think we're getting on Nation unnecessarily here. He can only go by what he's told. Let's back off a bit. It does no good to kill the messenger. It's not as if he's the one setting up the league.
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill »

[quote=""Nation86""]

I am not just a damn college kid. I am graduating from a top university
[/quote]

That makes you a college kid.

We were all college kids once, so that in itself isn't a bad thing.

It's just that college kids are sometimes overeager and turn off their bullsh!t detectors. Because when a new startup football league tells you the sun's going to rise in the morning, you set your alarm and get up early just to make sure. You don't just take everything they say at face value.
I have interviewed Huyghue twice now - both times I "broken" news,
Not an English major, I take it.
logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru »

You're opinions are valid, but you write like a bunch of asses. STOP attacking people.
________
Live Sex Webshows
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UFL”