Just change the score when it suits you

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 »

Guys, we seriously need to submit a proposal for a reality TV show here. Minor League basketball is full of the craziest, shadiest characters I've ever seen. Imagine...a show with Embry, Joe, Ben, Jimmy (ABA Orlando Orangemen/Aces...I haven't even shared all of this crazy junk with you all)...who else? Maybe Leroy from the WBA? Oh and the USBA guy...definitely him. Heck, I'll even make an appearance or two. I've had some fun stuff go on in my life. Where are my fans BBALL FACTS and ONE WAY at these days anyway?

Man that would be a great show to watch...a day to day tracker of what goes on in these people's daily life. It starts with a back drop of a McDonalds at 6AM...egg McMuffins and coffee for sure! That's the back drop for ALL good things to start!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

This would be the owners of the 3 Louisiana teams...
The Central Basketball League, LLC-an Arizona corporation-has been sold to Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Monessia and Walter Drake of Lake Charles completed the purchase paperwork and deposited funds into the PayPal account of the original owner, John Guy of Peoria, Arizona on April 1st, 2014.

The Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group takes control of the Central Basketball League, LLC, the United Christian Basketball League, the Women’s Christian Basketball League and has aligned itself with Highest Level Ministries, an Arizona 501 (c)(3) non-profit in good standing. With both the acquisition and partnership, Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group now positions itself as the foremost Christian semi-professional basketball organization in the country.

“We have left the fictitious league operated by Benjamin Mireles after we found out that he had nothing to indicate that he had taken possession of the league. Our Christian principles require us to be honest and ethical and that was something we were not getting,” said President Monessia Drake from her home in Lake Charles.

The minute the change was made original staffers from the original Central Basketball League climbed aboard-with John Guy, Chris Daleo, Tim Tucker, Heather Oliver and Aaron Cooper signing on to help continue the work started on the drafting board in 2012.

“This says a lot about the direction of this league,” said Walter Drake.
“Everyone comes along and nobody did that for the Florida group. We’re overjoyed with the response.”
...and today's episode of the reality series is written...
Last edited by dmbishop on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added bold
CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM »

I don't have anything confirming this, but I don't think the team in Tampa or Panama City exist in the CB(D)L. They have had nothing updated on thier facebook pages or website. Also the Pelicans haven't updated thier facebook page since Ben changed the score of the last pre-season game. Not sure if they will be around long. I guess we will know more after the first game of the season.

Interesting thing about the game tomorrow. It will be played at the same time as the Final Four game with Connecticut and Florida. I'm sure that hard core basketball fans in Florida would rather watch the Spartans and the Pelicans in the battle of I-4!!! ;)
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

[quote=""CBM""]I don't have anything confirming this, but I don't think the team in Tampa or Panama City exist in the CB(D)L. They have had nothing updated on thier facebook pages or website. Also the Pelicans haven't updated thier facebook page since Ben changed the score of the last pre-season game. Not sure if they will be around long. I guess we will know more after the first game of the season.

Interesting thing about the game tomorrow. It will be played at the same time as the Final Four game with Connecticut and Florida. I'm sure that hard core basketball fans in Florida would rather watch the Spartans and the Pelicans in the battle of I-4!!! ;) [/quote]

So basically, they may be down to the 4 Florida teams that are owned by one person?

Nice catch on the timing of the game! OUCH!!!

Dave
kahunakats
Site Admin

CBL To Lose Radio Too

Post by kahunakats »

Ben,

I am writing you to address my concerns with teams not complying and following the payment schedule for services rendered by WBAD Radio. First and foremost the value that WBAD provides is unmatchable in this market.

The Players are the ones that will be losing out on valuable Air Time on WBAD Sports Network Shows for Exposure to the rest of the Basketball World.

At midnight tonight if we do not receive at least 3 teams monthly payments, we will be shutting down the Radio Stations for the CBL or CBDL which ever you prefer.

Any Teams not paid by midnight will incur a $25,00 late fee and that team’s channel will be Off Line until the Monthly Payment of $40.00 and $25.00 L:ate fee are received.

I am at a loss for words to each and every owner within your league. We made arrangements and agreements that are not being kept up by the owners.

I hope your players understand that this is a business and its not personal, but if the owners decide to pull out on our agreements, it will only hurt the players in league.

Tom

Like · · 18 minutes ago near Linton Hall, VA
CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM »

Opening day of the season and they may loose their biggest selling point (which I thought was a waste of money and time, but I'm not the CEO so what do I know?).

This is an example of the problem with Ben's league model. He set up a league with no fee for team ownership. Had he charged each team $5,000 or so, he could have paid these costs out of the CB(D)L budget to ensure every team was compliant. Instead he let anyone who had the dream of owning a team in the door.

There is no doubt that Ben is passionate about basketball, but passion alone doesn't build a team or a league. His ego is to big to share the responsibility but he doesn't have skills need to be successful. Unfortunately for him, just saying the words "professional", "stability", and "security", don't make your league strong. Its the actions that you take that build something great.

If he REALLY wants to help people get to the next level of basketball and if he wants to coach, he needs to be a PE teacher, where he can have a meaningful impact on the lives of kids.

I feel bad for the players that thought they were getting into something great. He may have never promised them that they would go to the D-league, overseas, or to the NBA, but he did promise them that they would be playing in a league this year (that at one point had 22 teams). They will not and that sucks.
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

Now there are 2 Texas teams and 2 Louisiana teams instead of 3 Louisiana teams in the West.

My head hurts.

Dave
robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 »

The Kingdom Riders have both left the CB(D)L and have played one game in the CB(D)L.

This would be a farce, if it weren't for the fact that there are probably actual basketball players caught in the crossfire.
Last edited by robster2001 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM »

The Kingdom Riders and their owners have screwed John over before. They joined his Christian basketball league in December and then 3 days later went over to the CBL. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it again, but if they did it would speak volumes about them as owners.

The league seems to be taking the next weekend off. Apparently from what I have read, the Ft. Pierce team needs to recruit players this weekend. This ofcourse screams professionalism. Kind of shocked that the Palm Beach Pelicans are still part of the league after Ben trashed their owner publicly on Facebook.

First weekend of the season, they have 10 teams but only 2 games were played. :rolleyes:
CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM »

Not sure if I should have started a new thread for this, but the Palm Beach Pelicans are leaving the CB(D)L for the National Basketball Summer League.

http://www.pbpelicans.us/team-news/the-pelicans-land-in-the-national-basketball-summer-league/

They also posted about it on their Facebook page. Its not clear if other CB(D)L teams are also leaving. We will have to see how this all shakes out.

If Ben Mireles had worked with this guy, he could have gotten a decent logo for the CB(D)L.

Also, WBAD.net has dropped all of the CB(D)L teams, except for the Spartans, for lack of payment.

Return to “Men's Basketball”