Just change the score when it suits you

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 »

So apparently not much has changed since 2012, when the Dream inquired to play in the FBA. Another reason we will almost always require a home and an away exhibition game before affiliating our brand with a team. The Miami Midnites , of courde, are the exception, being that they already own Maccabi Haifa in Israel.

Overall, this Mireles/CBL/CBDL is an embarrassment, even to minor league basketball. I mean...you can't create your own logo? Seriously?

CBDL: Nothing central about it.

Southwest Florida Spartans: nothing southwest about them.

I-4 Battle? Seriously? Direct steal from an Orlando Predators (football) marketing rivalry campaign.

SMH...sometimes I think the idea of re-establishing credibility of minor league basketball is a list cause... Thanks to stuff like this.
Last edited by zeke41 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4
robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 »

It gets better.

Currently, on their web site, they are billing themselves as the "CENTRAL BASKETBALL D-LEAGUE".

NBA Legal Counsel on line one... :)
kahunakats
Site Admin

CBL Sold For Real Money and Legal Paperwork

Post by kahunakats »

April 2, 2014

The Central Basketball League, LLC-an Arizona corporation-has been sold to Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Monessia and Walter Drake of Lake Charles completed the purchase paperwork and deposited funds into the PayPal account of the original owner, John Guy of Peoria, Arizona on April 1st, 2014.

The Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group takes control of the Central Basketball League, LLC, the United Christian Basketball League, the Women’s Christian Basketball League and has aligned itself with Highest Level Ministries, an Arizona 501 (c)(3) non-profit in good standing. With both the acquisition and partnership, Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group now positions itself as the foremost Christian semi-professional basketball organization in the country.

“We have left the fictitious league operated by Benjamin Mireles after we found out that he had nothing to indicate that he had taken possession of the league. Our Christian principles require us to be honest and ethical and that was something we were not getting,” said President Monessia Drake from her home in Lake Charles.

The minute the change was made original staffers from the original Central Basketball League climbed aboard-with John Guy, Chris Daleo, Tim Tucker, Heather Oliver and Aaron Cooper signing on to help continue the work started on the drafting board in 2012.

“This says a lot about the direction of this league,” said Walter Drake. “Everyone comes along and nobody did that for the Florida group. We’re overjoyed with the response.”

Kingdom Riders Entertainment Group
PO Box 499
Lake Charles, LA 70602
(337) 433-9459
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

I hope that the new CBL owners know that all they have to do is send a DMCA takedown notice (with paperwork proof) to the centralbasketballleague....'s hosting company and file some paperwork with ICANN to take control of the domain.

centralbasketballdleague.* and centralbasketballdevelopmentleague.* are available if anyone feels like buying it. CBDL.* is of course long gone.

Under Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) procedures, the trademark owner must file a complaint with one of four organizations and prove:
(1) that the domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark in which it has rights;
(2) the current domain name holder has no rights or legitimate interests in the domain name; and
(3) the domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.

In most cases, the arbitration body will issue a ruling within a few months. To initiate a UDRP proceeding, a trademark owner should select a dispute-resolution provider from the list above, and then follow the requirements and instructions on the provider's website to submit a complaint. Advice of intellectual property counsel is prudent when preparing UDRP complaints. The cost of a UDRP proceeding typically costs between $3,000 and $6,000, including the filing fee. This is a less expensive way to combat domain name infringement then filing suit.

In addition, the trademark owner could bring an action in a U.S. federal court under the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA). The ACPA generally prohibits using a domain name containing another's trademark with an intent to profit. Under the ACPA, anyone who in bad faith uses, sells, or tries to sell a domain name that infringes another's trademark, may be subject to penalties of up to $100,000 per domain name abuse incident. The use of a domain containing another’s trademark also may also violate other trademark and unfair competition laws.

Dave
Last edited by dmbishop on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added UDRP info
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

Let's play Compare The Logos!!!

Image Image

Dave
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports »

[quote=""dmbishop""]Let's play Compare The Logos!!!

Image Image

Dave[/quote]

Love the CBDL font in the logo.
CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM »

Did the original logo designer ever contact the CEO (who is willing to take all calls)?
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

[quote=""CBM""]Did the original logo designer ever contact the CEO (who is willing to take all calls)?[/quote]

No idea yet. I did give him the phone number from the Facebook post to help him out. Hopefully, he'll let me know what happens. Hey, you never know, maybe he'll make a couple hundred dollars from it (LOL).

If I hear, you guys will.

Dave
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill »

[quote=""dmbishop""]Let's play Compare The Logos!!!

Image Image

Dave[/quote]

Surprised they weren't limited to eight characters on the filename on the knockoff version, given it looks like it was done in MS Paint in Windows 3.1.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop »

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Surprised they weren't limited to eight characters on the filename on the knockoff version, given it looks like it was done in MS Paint in Windows 3.1.[/quote]

LOL

I know. Other than the C, it looks hand-drawn. Also note the slightly off-color dot above the D where their hand slipped when erasing the MLBA.

Dave

Return to “Men's Basketball”