League list

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM »

[quote=""Cleveland Fan""]Their facebook seems to be talking a lot about the Central Basketball League as of recently.

https://www.facebook.com/RaleighRoughRiders[/quote]

Yeah, but that talk was before the change in managment of the Central Basketball League. All the teams from that area created the Central Basketball Association. Not that Raleigh is that close to them, but they aren't that close to Florida either where the remaining teams seem to be located (though its hard to tell because CBL lost thier web site).
turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes »

[quote=""Cleveland Fan""]Their facebook seems to be talking a lot about the Central Basketball League as of recently.

https://www.facebook.com/RaleighRoughRiders[/quote]

Yes, the Continental Basketball League was talking with the Central Basketball League about joining. Not sure if that's still an option. The new CBL would be the best resource for updates at this point. I try to stay out of office politics.
Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan »

[quote=""turbocamyes""]Yes, the Continental Basketball League was talking with the Central Basketball League about joining. Not sure if that's still an option. The new CBL would be the best resource for updates at this point. I try to stay out of office politics.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification! Did you catch the texas Basketball Association link (non-FB) that I posted earlier?
turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes »

Yes, I had the league on my to do list at home and this will help me not have to search again. I appreciate the help.
Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad »

[quote=""Paul S""]I think the Denton Destroyers were/are an ABA team that plays teams from the UBL and other leagues in Texas.......................... North Texas Fresh (Jay Bowdy coach, Jay Bowdy owner, Jay Bowdy star player, Jay Bowdy GM, Jay Bowdy half time entertainment, Jay Bowdy all round great guy) also does that.

In addition to the Philadelphia Experiments, the Utica Wreckers and Beijing Chinese Firedrill were also part of that other league.

Rick Astley was the commish, someone must have a link[/quote]

Her ya go. Info about the Wreckers. Wow, has it really been 5 years since we've seen anything about them? :D

http://www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=10325
turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes »

[quote=""CBM""]Yeah, but that talk was before the change in managment of the Central Basketball League. All the teams from that area created the Central Basketball Association. Not that Raleigh is that close to them, but they aren't that close to Florida either where the remaining teams seem to be located (though its hard to tell because CBL lost thier web site).[/quote]

Not sure what time period you’re talking about. The NC group began discussions after the original CBL teams left. The FLA group came after that.

The CBA website was already up and running.
turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes »

[quote=""Evad""]Her ya go. Info about the Wreckers. Wow, has it really been 5 years since we've seen anything about them? :D

http://www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=10325[/quote]

Yes, yes. But not relevant to the discussion.
kahunakats
Site Admin

Post by kahunakats »

XBL is in Kentucky, Ohio and southern Indiana. They have a FaceBook page. The Xtreme Basketball League.
Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan »

Here is my most recently updated list of leagues

Full Season Fall-Winter
American Basketball Association
American Professional Basketball League
National Basketball League of Canada
National Basketball Association Development League
Texas Basketball Association
United Basketball League

Early Season Fall-Winter (Fall-Early Winter)
Independent Basketball Association - winter season
Xtreme Basketball League (looking for detailed schedule/team lineup info on this league)

Late Season Fall-Winter (Late Winter-Early Spring)
Eastern Basketball Alliance
North American Basketball Development Leagues Association (not entirely sure this one is going to happen)
Premier Basketball League
Tobacco Road Basketball League (extending season start to January in 2014)
Universal Basketball Association

Spring-Summer
American Basketball League
APBL Summer League (don't know if this is a legit second season a la the IBA Spring or a single-site scaled-down NBA Summer League)
Basketball Alumni Legends League
Central Basketball Association
Central Basketball League
Florida Basketball Association
Independent Basketball Association - spring season
International Basketball League
Ligue de Basketball Elite du Quebec (seems to be a couple of lower minor leagues below this one, but I can't find any detailed information on them)
World Basketball Association
West Coast Professional Basketball League (last info on this league is 2013 signups, no inforation on season)

Uncertain (either leagues that may or may not be defunct or that are planned but with minimal available info)
Continental Basketball League
United Christian Basketball League
United Men's Basketball League
USPA Extension Basketball League
World Independent Basketball League
Last edited by Cleveland Fan on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K »

You might be right about the NBDLA as its site appears to be gone (http://www.nbdla.com).

Return to “Men's Basketball”