For the lack of money;Clean House Jeff and Eric

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:35 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]lol, remember, the twenty diehards on hear are for my entertainment too championbuider. Believe it or not I have a fun time on this board. Whether I got duped by the guy that works at Mcdonalds,whom i kind of like , is entertaining to say the least. I will say this has been the most entertaining 2 years of my life with regards to sports.I love a fun debate also. We have are differences , so be it. At least you have acknowledged the flint debacle. Thats a start. Ill say this the off season is gonna be entertaining with another super league paying for all teams travel and officials . That will be interesting , indeed.By the way, all of us on this board matter squat to the general public. Lol, if there were thousands of fans on hear across the nation, that would be a different story. That said, we are all hilarious with are points of view. like im gonna change tonka truck or exit 666. Lol Bob Barto out[/quote]

Spell check.

Grammar check.

Seriously.
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

daytonadan
Site Admin

Everything I love and despise about this sport

Post by daytonadan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:04 am

Was just played out in this thread

When an owner and fans can exchange barbs on a message board .... and we wonder why the sport is the way it is.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:49 am

[quote=""daytonadan""] .... and we wonder why the sport is the way it is.[/quote]
I know, isn't it great?

RaiderNation
Site Admin

Post by RaiderNation » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:53 am

When I read these posts by Exit and Tatonka it makes me realize just how much trouble the CIFL is in. If the guys who run that league felt those two should somehow be involved in the league at one point, they really are poor decision makers. Exit, I especially love "your sources" who tell you everything about the Raiders. I didn't realize you were so connected in Rochester.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:58 pm

I've got connections quite a few places. Eight years around the sport does that. The track record speaks for itself, but Rochester doesn't want to admit that because it makes them look like the half-assed organization they are. When they learn that the on-field product is almost (or, in some cases, is absolutely) secondary to the professionalism an organization shows, maybe they'll improve as a group. Until then, we'll just have to continue living with a bunch of bragging whenever the Raiders beat some third string squad.

Want to prove Rochester's an elite AIFA team (well, beyond finding a way to draw more than 1300 people for a free ticket game)? Beat the crap out of Baltimore...everyone else remotely legitimate in the league does.
What are you doing here?

RaiderNation
Site Admin

Post by RaiderNation » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:20 pm

If the Raiders don't beat up Baltimore I will be shocked. Either they will show up with a bunch of backups like Erie did (I feel bad for David Dinkins, the poor guy took a beating), or they will show up with the starters from a 4-9 squad. Either way, it adds up to a big Raider win. I don't agree with the timing of Bob pulling them out of the CIFL, but they did have to get out of that league. Three years in that league where there is no accountability or financial responsibility from team or league owners was enough. Personally I would like to see them land in the new Premier League the Hrywnak brothers are putting together.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm

[quote=""RaiderNation""]If the Raiders don't beat up Baltimore I will be shocked. Either they will show up with a bunch of backups like Erie did (I feel bad for David Dinkins, the poor guy took a beating), or they will show up with the starters from a 4-9 squad. Either way, it adds up to a big Raider win. I don't agree with the timing of Bob pulling them out of the CIFL, but they did have to get out of that league. Three years in that league where there is no accountability or financial responsibility from team or league owners was enough. Personally I would like to see them land in the new Premier League the Hrywnak brothers are putting together.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Baltimore will show up with everything they've got. And while they're not the worst team in the AIFA, it should be a safe win for the Raiders.

The AIFA is not an improvement over the CIFL. If anything, there's less accountability there. Of course, the Raiders weren't all that great about following rules, either (tape? stats?), but that obviously doesn't count here.

I'll continue with a wait-and-see approach on the "premier" league. Doubt anything ever comes of it, but if they can get something better than what's out there, great. If it does, and it is a truly strong league, Bob will eventually get angry he can't push everyone around anyways.
What are you doing here?

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Lol, Josh, you can say what you want, however, its amazing that we had more people at our Free game than game that was just played in saginaw, lol By the way, I believe the Baltimore team will be tough. They were ahead of a very good Reading team 38-34 until they fumbled on the 2 yard line in the forth quarter. Go ahead Josh tell me how much you hate me lol.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:46 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]Lol, Josh, you can say what you want, however, its amazing that we had more people at our Free game than game that was just played in saginaw, lol By the way, I believe the Baltimore team will be tough. They were ahead of a very good Reading team 38-34 until they fumbled on the 2 yard line in the forth quarter. Go ahead Josh tell me how much you hate me lol.[/quote]

Please don't tell me you just bragged about getting 1,300 fans to a free game. Really?

You are right, the 1100 attendance in Saginaw sucks. But you just bragged about 1,300 fans to a game where no one had to pay to get in. Please tell me you're kidding.
What are you doing here?

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 pm

No because I thought 1300 stinks too. The reality is that is what we had and that is what saginaw had. Mike johnson is a good guy sometimes it happens. You just seem to poke it at me which is hilariouuuuus. You love to brag about yourself" see you last post on the aifa forum". lol keep it coming big guy!

Return to “CIFL”