IBL use to be Press Heavy now nothing? Seems odd that nothing major is out?

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
homeboypla
Site Admin

IBL use to be Press Heavy now nothing? Seems odd that nothing major is out?

Post by homeboypla » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:47 pm

It does seem that press and support is (nothing) were? Thanks Slam for Ticket information.

How did all the player try-out camps go? Did they all happen?

What is the IBL doing with the One Flight Promise? I look at Tacoma schedule and see a flight to NY and then Canada how is this a one flight league?

15 days until season starts and no press? really?

Japan team dropped? so what is the over under on if a team from China comes over or this is a local team of China players?

Battle Creek plays USA all stars how many times? (4 times) wow and how is the owner coach of Orgeon Waves T. Dickens also part of player personal for Battle Creek thousand of miles away?? O I get it another IBL owned team.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Dickins in not only in charge of player personel, he is the Coach at Battle Creek.

homeboypla
Site Admin

Seriously how can you coach two teams in the same league

Post by homeboypla » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:56 am

No way really? how can you be a pro coach of two teams?

How about all these tryouts did they happen?

confused
Site Admin

Post by confused » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:03 am

I think Sonnie said they may have had one in Chicago. My question to, how do you coach two teams?

ALL BETS
Site Admin

Post by ALL BETS » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:02 pm

From what I heard is that after the first couple game in Battle Creek Sonnie will become the head coach he has alot of players coming back from last year that want to play for him. I heard the IBL was really impressed with him when he coached at last camp

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Congrats Sonnie,

We look forward to seeing you and the guys from last year. With Coach bringing back the majority of players from last year, they should be the team to beat out east.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:31 pm

[quote=""Juniper""]Congrats Sonnie,

We look forward to seeing you and the guys from last year. With Coach bringing back the majority of players from last year, they should be the team to beat out east.[/quote]

That depends. You're talking about Battle Creek vs. strictly PBL talent. Spring/Summer leagues draw talent from all over, including overseas. Remember those blowouts BC suffered against another spring team? If Elkhart plays (and Gary certainly isn't playing this year) then Elkhart is the team to beat by default. 8)

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Elkhart is not playing in the IBL. I know BC got blowen out by your guys. At the same time I remember guys like Rashi Johnson and a couple of other guys were on the bench, per coaches decission. Plus this was the new coaches first game. I did see the team in the PBL, 3 times as a matter of fact. That was a very good team. You had a nice roster in the PBL, but didnt you have guys like Sam Mack. Look at all the teams he has played on. None ever won the big one. If BC brings back the team from last year, they will be hard to beat in the east. On the west coast, where the players get paid, that is another story. As long as LA keeps paying there players big money, they will be the team to beat. Chicago will give BC a test. With the deputy commish coaching the team, you can bet they will have success. I hope he does not get kicked out for mutiple techs. (5 games with 2 techs) However, if you are the guy that handles these problems, what diffrence does it make. What is he going to do suspend himself with pay? Go Sonnie!

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:34 am

Oh, okay. Battle Creek managed to lose by only 7 points to the Steelheads one time IN Battle Creek. Honestly, none of BC's games played in Gary were competitive regardless of the scores. Real garbage times: 8)
http://iblhoopsonline.com/past_results.php

Sam Mack is a recognizable name, but wasn't a factor in Gary. He didn't want to play. Elkhart isn't playing this year??? I've only seen announcements stating they are playing.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stating has only one 'n'

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 am

Juniper, what are you basing your Elkhart is not playing in the IBL on? The last official thing from the IBL that I've been able to find was their obnoxiously condescending, paternalistic press release stating the Express WAS going to play. I know the team is no longer listed on the website, and the schedule has been changed, but there's been no explanations anywhere that I've been able to find.
Very frustrating for fans that deserve some honesty.

Return to “IBL”