The Gwizz are CBA bound??

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Hmmm... for knowing not to trust posters on this board (or other boards) to be 100% accurate with their postings about future plans, but for knowing that bit of history I can't erase from my head...

...why do I have this vision of Joe Newman using the CBA (per some agreement with Coyne and whomever) as the next shell in the ongoing shell game? Why the BLEEP did that enter my head?

The appropriate youtube clip to accompany this vision from hell, if one exists, would be the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" clip from Ren and Stimpy, particularly where Ren bangs his helmeted head (in time) to force the happy machine off his head.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:55 am

[quote=""preeths""]I also have it on good authority that this move is not likely to be approved. The ABA has confirmed that the Gwizzlies have been suspended from the ABA for their failure to make a weekend game.[/quote]

Since when has skipping a road game ever been against ABA rules?

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

Joe Newman would be catatonic if the Gwizz left for the CBA. He did have a verbal promise (for what thats worth) that the CBA wouldn't poach ABA teams.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:50 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]Joe Newman would be catatonic if the Gwizz left for the CBA. He did have a verbal promise (for what thats worth) that the CBA wouldn't poach ABA teams.[/quote]

Once again, that's assuming that the CBA asked the Gwizz to join them, which I don't think ever happened.

But seriously, after the debacle last year called the Atlanta Krunk, why in the name of all that's holy would the CBA ever go back down to Georgia, it's not like they're looking for any souls to steal.

And in addition, it's not like the CBA is looking to poach ABA teams that can barely make their road trips, who have won maybe what, two games in 5 years, and in their only appearance against a CBA squad, got beat so bad someone had to call for mercy?

And of course, the press releases that barely qualify as "first drafts," I mean, maybe Embry Malone should get a T-shirt with this phrase on it:

Come to think of it, it's an appropriate slogan when one considers the team name was based on a typo.

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:53 pm

ABA = CBA ... read between the lines! :mrgreen:

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:04 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]
They don't have the capital, organizational structure or fundamental skills needed to move to a league like the CBA - even this CBA.[/quote]

I honestly believe this portion of your quote describes most of the teams in the PBL, CBA, and ABA...especially the capital part.

[quote=""CHris902""]What about the IBL?[/quote]

The IBL bills itself as a low-budget league, so low capital ownership goes without saying.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ...to make the response a little more understandable.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 pm

[quote=""nksports""]Since when has skipping a road game ever been against ABA rules?[/quote]

A very fair question. If every ABA team that skipped games was suspended for the remainder of the season, one wonders how many teams would be left.

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:38 pm

[quote=""nksports""]Wasn't a condition of the interleague games that the CBA wouldn't poach ABA teams?

Shameful.[/quote]

Heard that was never part of the deal because they never signed any kind of contract...

Return to “CBA”