ABA Summer League - WTF?

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

ABA Summer League - WTF?

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:53 pm

This is a joke, right? The ABA has long proven it cannot produce stats for players! And, I would PAY $$$ to see one valid NBA request of the ABA to do anything!

Indianapolis, IN. The American Basketball Association (ABA) http://www.abalive.com today announced that it will officially introduce the ABA Summer Pro Basketball League this year with play to begin in May or June. “This has been a long time coming,” stated ABA CEO Joe Newman. “And we probably should have done it sooner. We have always had requests from NBA, NBDL and international teams to provide an opportunity for players to compete at a high level during the summer and to be able to provide footage and stats for players. Putting the ABA brand behind the ABA Summer Pro Basketball League should help attract teams and players.”
The ABA Summer Pro Basketball League will be under the supervision and direction of Don Sanchez, owner of the ABA Los Angeles SLAM and Tom Chichester, ABA Director of Officials, assisted by Kevin Williams, owner of the ABA Houston Xperience.

“The objective of ABASPBL will be to create a series of divisions throughout the US similar to the current ABA format,” added Sanchez. “The ABASPBL will be open to ABA teams, teams from other leagues, free agent teams and independent teams. Of major importance is that it will give an opportunity for recent college graduates to play at the professional level, gain experience as well as to provide a resume and game tape for scouts, including ABA teams.”

“This will also be a great training ground for ABA officials as well as summertime opportunities for current ABA officials,” commented Chichester. “ABA rules will be used as well as the official red, white and blue basketballs. We will also be testing some new rules that will make the game even faster and more exciting.”

An ABASBL page is being prepared for the ABA website.

If your team is interested in more information or participating, please contact Don Sanchez at losangelesslam@gmail.com or call Don at 818 572 5332 or if you are an official interested in more information or participating, please contact Tom Chichester at tcrefaba@gmail.com or call Tom at 585 329 0707. If you are interested in playing in the Southeast or Southwest, you can also contact Kevin Williams
at kwilliams@lakehoustonxperience.com or call Kevin at (832) 545-5592. Or visit http://www.abalive.com.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

This ABASPBL has got to work!

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

[quote=""Anonymous Spectator""]An ABASBL page is being prepared for the ABA website.[/url].[/quote]

And they can't even get their own abbreviation right in their own press release. It's ABASPBL dummies!

And of course the release was issued by Buddy Walker, hahahahaha! Maybe Snoop Dawg can perform at the ABA Summer Professional Basketball League games.

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Wait, Tom Chichester's involved in this project?

What is this, old home week?

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 am

Chuck- well spotted. I have not seen Tom Chischis06er mentioned for years. The photo of him beside you and your Utica Wreckers jersey is proof positive he has a sense of humor.

ABARedWhiteBlue is better at the deja vue history of the ridiculous league but I am certain there have been at least two other ABA summer leagues.

So much for Joe stepping away and into retirement.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:50 am

ABASPBL

Am I the only one who caught that? I wonder if it's an inside steal of another leagues abbreviation...At best, I've never seen a league go by seven initials.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Put the chances of this league's success in the same category as the ABA Entertainment League, ABA Classics, ABA Canada, ABA Global...

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:29 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]
ABARedWhiteBlue is better at the deja vue history of the ridiculous league but I am certain there have been at least two other ABA summer leagues.

.[/quote]

Top of my head, there have been 3 previous ones, I believe, including the "feeder" league that was created a few years ago in Louisville that was to be some sort of feeder league foe the ABA, morphed into a travel team 9as I predicted) then advertised itself as a coming summer league. The link to that thread:

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... ight=l-aba

Also, remember the glorious history of Embry Malones' Gwizz and their multiple summer league experiences with players that were destined for greatness (most are in the Gwizz News thread)..
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

jpsesq
Site Admin

Post by jpsesq » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 am

According to the Chicago Steam Facebook page, teams in the summer league will each play 12 games and each player will be charged a fee of $275.

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 am

[quote=""jpsesq""]According to the Chicago Steam Facebook page, teams in the summer league will each play 12 games and each player will be charged a fee of $275.[/quote]

Nice little money maker for them. Being ABA and Ron Hicks though, the $275 is probably the only guarantee, not counting money for "trips" which will never happen.

Return to “ABA”