NIFL Schedule changing on the website

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm

That is correct....the gymnasium at Morris Brown College. How's that for credibility?

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:37 pm

[quote=""sportsguy12""]Well, the af2 has been around for 8 years. Actually, there are 5 teams left: Alabama, Arkansas, QC, Tennessee Valley and Tulsa. Yeah, that's only 33 percent but I think operational costs had a lot to do with that as well as competition from other sports.

The 10 teams that did fold each played several seasons. Other leagues went into those markets as well and failed, too. (Richmond, Roanoke, Charleston). At least all of these teams met their commitments and played their games. Minor league teams fail - that's a nature of the best.[/quote]

Much as the af2 would have you think otherwise, Tennessee Valley is two separate franchises.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:41 am

[quote=""TheHulk""]That is correct....the gymnasium at Morris Brown College. How's that for credibility?[/quote]

We played the first two rounds of the state basektball tourney there my senior year (97), and it was surprisingly a really nice place, or at least it was then...Credibility wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

The first thing that popped in my head was the total lack of floorspace.

Theres no more room in there than there is in most higschools gyms, in terms of floorspace. Just a few more seats. Will they be able to play the rebound off the wall when somebody misses a fieldgoal?

Good luck Thouroughbreds, you won't be seing a dime of my money.

OK, I'm really done this time.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:57 am

[quote=""gonzo13""]We played the first two rounds of the state basektball tourney there my senior year (97), and it was surprisingly a really nice place, or at least it was then...Credibility wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

The first thing that popped in my head was the total lack of floorspace.

Theres no more room in there than there is in most higschools gyms, in terms of floorspace. Just a few more seats. Will they be able to play the rebound off the wall when somebody misses a fieldgoal?

Good luck Thouroughbreds, you won't be seing a dime of my money.

OK, I'm really done this time.[/quote]

Can anyone say EIEIO Dome. Thanks Mr. Terry for the inspiriation.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:14 pm

Just a question... though you can certainly question whether I'm asking a leading question or am having a laugh or might just be slightly curious.

Does the gym have pull-out bleacher seating on the "sides"?

Could they fold up the bleachers and play in the "other direction?"

Since the school website appears to be down, I'm having trouble with Google.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Knowing the state of the college....they probably were able to have the gymnasium for dirt cheap....if anything at all. I guess the college was looking to make money any way possible. Also, I don't know since it is basketball gym if it will be expandable for football.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 pm

The Atlanta Thoroughbreds are awaiting approval by the moderator

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Just took a trip down memory lane, folks. Remember the Atlanta Thoroughbreds? Oh, by the way, where's ATL? Is he in jail yet or fathered another child? ( I love a good roasting.....need to order that DVD collection from TV).

mrcool92501
Site Admin

the even more more burning inquiry...

Post by mrcool92501 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:16 pm

wheres the 2008 nifl sked at???

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:06 pm

[quote=""mrcool92501""]wheres the 2008 nifl sked at???[/quote]

They'll have it out as soon as they make believe they have 48 teams from coast to coast. The real question is where is the NIFL at. (In the cr@pper.)

Return to “NIFL”