Fayetteville Guard Season Thread

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:34 pm

Good to hear. I don't think the Hurricanes game will play a factor, considering it's in the afternoon (2PM).

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Tue May 16, 2006 9:01 pm

Go Guard 88, you are right the Canes should not factor into attendance for the game with a start time of 7PM for us. I hope more come out this week because WPB is looking to be a spoiler for now. A target is on the Guard's back and everyone will be shooting hard to knock them down. " One game at a time" as the old saying goes.

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:27 pm

Its official. Players of the Week were announced today, and as expected, Walter Ford is Special Teams POW. Of course the release on the league website is wrong. It says that this is his 3rd time with the award. It is his 4th.

Congratulations and keep up the great work Walter!!!!

GO GUARD!!!!!

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Wed May 17, 2006 5:55 pm

I mean this guy lites up the field when he gets back to return a kick off. I am looking for another great show this weekend. Just got my tickets. Right by the Guard bench this week. I am so looking for a football this weekend...lol
GO FORCE and ICE

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:12 pm

Heck... I've been looking for a football for 3 years. I've sat in the front row every single time. Still emptyhanded. :(

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Wed May 17, 2006 11:30 pm

88, I hate to say this but I never gotten one at the Crown but I have two this year I got in the stands at Greensboro and Charleston games. Just lucky I guess. I had most of the players sign one of them last week. I am missing about 4-6 names so maybe I can get them this week.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Wed May 17, 2006 11:35 pm

On another topic, it sure would be great if all the teams would submit the STATS for the games. Wilmont and others have been short changed by certain teams. Charleston never submitted the stats for our game with them and I think the other game we are missing is the Florida one. But then again most people other than maybe myself rarely look at them but I am sure they factor into other awards for the players. Wish people would just do their job.

ronaldoswalt
Site Admin

i agree

Post by ronaldoswalt » Thu May 18, 2006 12:12 am

katy always has stats but not when we were at messed up arkansas -- i listened to the web feed just to write a story for local paper

Guardfan3
Site Admin

Post by Guardfan3 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:38 am

GTDREW wrote:On another topic, it sure would be great if all the teams would submit the STATS for the games. Wilmont and others have been short changed by certain teams. Charleston never submitted the stats for our game with them and I think the other game we are missing is the Florida one. But then again most people other than maybe myself rarely look at them but I am sure they factor into other awards for the players. Wish people would just do their job.
Actually, Wilmont's POW was for the Charleston game. I know the stats aren't on the league site, but they had to have access to them somehow. I do agree that some of our players may have missed out because of the Florida game, but they had the info they needed for the Charleston game. I personally think that the team should be fined if they do not turn in stats in a timely manner. Didn't they do that last year a lot because of game tapes not being sent in properly? Make it apply to stats as well.

As for getting a ball at the game, I usually sit right behind the bench and I have not gotten a ball. They usually label them and hold them for the player until after the game. I am hoping to get a ball some time this year, but I don't know if its going to happen. #1 GF, I hope to meet you Sat night. I will be wearing my #80 Galloway jersey from last year.

GTDREW
Site Admin

Post by GTDREW » Fri May 19, 2006 12:00 am

Not sure where we will be sitting this week, but I like section 118. I have seen games from the corner before and you get to see the holes made for runs and have a chance to catch a ball. No matter I will be there pulling for the Guard. By the way did you guys read what Herb said on the WPB thread about players checks and transportation. He/she must be full of it at least I hope so. Don't want that team to not show up because of distance or maybe it's courage could be the problem. Either way, GO GUARD!!!!

Return to “NIFL”