Dave McCarthy has finally lost his marbles!!

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:21 pm

[quote=""The 8th Man""]I believe Indoor fan has made some great points here.

As far as the NE people being jealous of the Raiders, they do nothing to break any rules, we follow the rules 100%.

As far as next year with the Buffalo Stampede in Buffalo it is going to be a great oppurtunity to see what some of these guys can do in 8 on 8 ball and with some different rules, there will be some players who can make it and the others will be replaced by outside players. The Raiders have always prided themselves on local talent, this will not happen in the AF2, we will do what we need to do to put the best product both on and off the field. I look forward to working with Bob in the future and we know there will be bumps in the road and we look forward to the challenges that lie ahead.

The Raiders could not compete with some of the indoor teams now, the rules are much different and there are some guys who get by in the CIFL who won't smell Buffalo next year. Because I am loyal to my players I will not name any names, but they will see it is a different ballgame when we get to AF2 and the planning started a few weeks ago and escalated when I joined Bob today.[/quote]

So why hasn't Rochester's franchise been revoked for disloyalty on the spot?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Tue May 13, 2008 6:31 pm

[quote=""Championbuilder""]JESUS, it's like I am actually talking to Dave McCarthy on this one.
What do you mean "Completes the year with no Mishaps"? Have you been paying attention to the season at all!?? LOL

You guys are driving me crazy with all this denial!! WTF[/quote] THANK YOU for saying it, I might have been baned for saying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:28 pm

[quote=""rams80""]So why hasn't Rochester's franchise been revoked for disloyalty on the spot?[/quote]

Because we're not actually sure Mr. Businessman Bob ever had true ownership stake in the team! :-P
What are you doing here?

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Wed May 14, 2008 3:35 am

[quote=""Championbuilder""]Josh, I think your answer was dead on!

Regardless of the pieces, Rochester would have a difficult time to put the puzzle together...mostly because of Mccarthy. After last week, simply labeled... A JOKE, A CLOWN[/quote]

McCarthy is not involved in the Buffalo team that is going to compete in the AF2, he will be keeping the raiders in the CIFL.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Wed May 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Actually exit , I am the majority owner of the team. Until everything is finalized in buffalo this continues to be the truth.

IndoorFan
Site Admin

Post by IndoorFan » Wed May 28, 2008 11:21 pm

As majority owner,it may be time to ask your "minority" partner to think before he speaks, and makes your franchise look foolish in the eyes of most fans of the game.

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Thu May 29, 2008 2:34 am

Dave is just very passionate about his team, cannot blame the guy for that. Did he say some things he should not have said? Yes. I believe Bob Matthews added fuel tothe fire to get everyone talking as well, but some people should probably not speak on behalf of a team also. :)

IndoorFan
Site Admin

Post by IndoorFan » Thu May 29, 2008 3:44 am

The talk in the newspaper does'nt bother me as much as the bs on the cifl boards with Mr.Mac calling out the LV org about the hotel, and other things surrounding gameday. As an owner, you just don't do that in a public forum. Makes your org look bush league, and Rochester deserves better than that.

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 pm

There is a list just as long as Daves ego, trust that!
I have never met such a joke of a person in this business...ever.
though, I suppose if we look at his semi - pro back ground it makes sense.

Let's all CLEARLY remember that the GLIFL/CIFL was started on favors and begging...There were only a couple qualified individuals. It was a huge gamble and it paid off enough to have a revolving door of owners. I hope for jeffs sake that he can make a profit off of the sale of this league soon, before something bad happens!

Dave is just like the pirates, battle creek, stallions, wooster, Stuebenville, Tide, etc. He was fortunate to find some extra money in Barto to get through!

Barto definately should not cater to that though. Especially now that he plans to come into a league where he will not be a top 10 financial owner.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 pm

[quote=""Championbuilder""]There is a list just as long as Daves ego, trust that!
I have never met such a joke of a person in this business...ever.
though, I suppose if we look at his semi - pro back ground it makes sense.

Let's all CLEARLY remember that the GLIFL/CIFL was started on favors and begging...There were only a couple qualified individuals. It was a huge gamble and it paid off enough to have a revolving door of owners. I hope for jeffs sake that he can make a profit off of the sale of this league soon, before something bad happens!

Dave is just like the pirates, battle creek, stallions, wooster, Stuebenville, Tide, etc. He was fortunate to find some extra money in Barto to get through!

Barto definately should not cater to that though. Especially now that he plans to come into a league where he will not be a top 10 financial owner.[/quote]

I get the your point; however, Dave is misuderstood many times. His heart is in the right place with regards to the raiders. With regards to the old owners in the league, lets see if history repeats itself...... stay tuned. The cifl, uif and ifl should unite with the best teams from all three leagues being assembled.Probably 16-20 strong teams . Just My opinion

Return to “CIFL”