Jose Lima Dead at 37

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Jose Lima Dead at 37

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=322482

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news. I was hoping the Caps would sign him for another season and I'd get to see him play this summer.

I hope the Caps do something for him, like a memorial patch and a moment of silence at the home opener. In fact, I'd say maybe retire his number, but I'd wait to ensure this was not related to anything that might cast a pall over the organization. I guess if it is related to drug use, the retiring of a number wouldn't be prudent.

JFeld127
Site Admin

Post by JFeld127 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:10 pm

I got to work with Jose last year in Long Beach, and he was a great teammate, a great person, and a great pitcher. Always treated not only myself, but all the fans with respect. Always smiling and cautioning anyone asking for a "High Five" to not be greedy and instead "gimme two." Definitely a special player and a special person.

fisherholic
Site Admin

Post by fisherholic » Wed May 26, 2010 4:49 am

[quote=""JFeld127""]I got to work with Jose last year in Long Beach, and he was a great teammate, a great person, and a great pitcher. Always treated not only myself, but all the fans with respect. Always smiling and cautioning anyone asking for a "High Five" to not be greedy and instead "gimme two." Definitely a special player and a special person.[/quote]

I was a sponsor of the Armada team and Jose was a class act. He will be greatly missed!!

I made the attached video in his memory. It will always be LIMA TIME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeHsVByann4
Owner & Webmaster-placewithfriends.com
Owner & Producer-Low Down Radio

YumaHeat
Site Admin

Post by YumaHeat » Thu May 27, 2010 5:34 am

Very well done! What a tear jerker that is, anybody who thinks different has no blood running through their veins..

fisherholic
Site Admin

Post by fisherholic » Thu May 27, 2010 5:44 am

[quote=""YumaHeat""]Very well done! What a tear jerker that is, anybody who thinks different has no blood running through their veins..[/quote]

Thank you very much Yuma. jose was a amazing man
Owner & Webmaster-placewithfriends.com
Owner & Producer-Low Down Radio

Kanuck
Site Admin

Post by Kanuck » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 am

Cause of death has just been ruled as heart failure so natural causes folks.
Rest in Peace Jose.

Return to “GBL”