Cincinnati Railraiders WILL NOT play next year.

The American Hockey League (AHL) forum
rams80
Site Admin

Cincinnati Railraiders WILL NOT play next year.

Post by rams80 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:10 pm

http://www.railraiders.com/

Apologies to the hockey fans in Cincinnati.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:34 am

Couldn't they have been an independent?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:15 am

Minor League Man wrote:Couldn't they have been an independent?
It's more a matter of not reaching the ticket goal they had. But to answer your questiton, AHL bylaws prohibit teams from going independent.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

imstilladuck26
Site Admin

Post by imstilladuck26 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:00 pm

im from cincinnati, and it sucks to be without hockey, we were i think 80% there.
keri

Hollywood
Site Admin

Post by Hollywood » Sat May 13, 2006 8:58 pm

This surprises me. Cincinnati used to have two teams, i.e. one IHL and one AHL, and one would think that they would be able to unite all those fans behind one team and be really successful.

chdahs
Site Admin

Post by chdahs » Sun May 14, 2006 1:24 pm

as detailed on the Death Pool Report @ Prohockeynews.com:

Cincinnati may have lost its chance to be a part of hockey affiliated with the AHL, as this topic suggests, but the IHL never exists anymore due to finances, but the stunning development is why the ECHL elected to announce the return of the Cyclones days after the decision by the Robinsons to not start this October, but there will be hockey in Cincinnati, as compared to this time last year.

Ontario1
Site Admin

The Railraiders are coming to Tecumseh Ontario

Post by Ontario1 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:24 pm

Just so you all know, the team is coming to Tecumseh Ontario (short drive from Ohio) to a brand new 6500 seat arena/horse racing track/slots facility to be complete by 2008.

Return to “AHL”