Site Admin

WFL changes to WSFL

Post by WFLwomen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:37 pm

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE
September 15, 2009

Women's Spring Football League
Contact - Randall Fields(402) 889-3243

WOMEN'S SPRING FOOTBALL LEAGUE LAUNCHES

Omaha, NE - The Women's Spring Football League (WSFL) announces it has launched operations and will play its first season in the spring of 2010. The league's concept is revolutionary in the women's football industry. The league will be run and controlled by the team owners, including new team screening, budget establishment, setting of team league fees and governance. Such power and influence have never been available to team owners, who in the past have been subject to "closed books" approach from leagues. The current generation of women's football teams have been in operation since around 2000 and league owner Randall Fields thinks its time to put the team owners in control. Owners should have a say in how their money is spent, the direction of the league and who their peers are.

Fields has been associated with amateur football for 15 years. For the past year he had been working to establish a women's division under an existing men's league. To free his teams of the constraints of that league, Fields decided to take his women's teams to "a league of their own" and implement the concept of an owner controlled league.

League President, Nance Wernes, an owner herself since 2004, has been working with Fields to develop the concept. "I'm excited about the framework that we've put together, but we don't want to go too far with it. At this point, we want to wait until the 2010 owners are engaged so they can participate."

For additional information on the Women's Spring Football League please visit the league's website

Phone: 402-889-3243
Email: info@WSFLwomen.com
Domain: http://www.WSFLwomen.com

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 am

I found an older version other version of the current WSFL web site at http://www.csfl2008.com/WSFL2index.html when the league was called the World Spring Football League with a few more teams listed than the current site. Any explanation?

WFLwomen
Site Admin

Post by WFLwomen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:49 am

Odd that it says "World" rather than "Womens". That was a thought we had and decided to change it back to Womens. I looked on our web hosting and it doesnt say World anymore. All I can say is it is a glitch, but we are working on it. Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Women's Football”