Playoff format in flux?

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Playoff format in flux?

Post by preeths » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:44 pm

From //www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4218349 :
Erie appears headed to a first-round matchup against the Albany (GA) Panthers although there are some discussions taking place within the SIFL regarding the upcoming playoff format. If the current format is left unchanged, Albany will host Erie if the Panthers win their game next weekend against Alabama. If Albany loses, the Explosion will host the first round game at the Tullio Arena on June 18.

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:32 pm

One thing that must be determined prior to the SIFL making a ruling is... who is coming back to the league? If Albany is staying and Erie might be bolting, Erie pack you your bags now and stop the wait game.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Erie should say see ya later at the Championship game, if they make it. Take their trophy and leave the league admin. holding this leaky bag. It would be a fitting end to the SIFL.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 pm

If Albany loses Saturday and finishes 9-3, that means the Panthers and Erie are tied at 9-3. Then a tiebreaker mode goes into effect. It gives me a headache trying to explain it and I have the Albany-Columbus situation today and I don't need a headache, so I'll get back with you fine message boarders on that.

Now, you want my fitting ending? The donkey misfires on the field goal, the holder picks it up, starts running, eludes Dick Butkus and scores the game-winning touchdown. He gets the girl and gets to spike the ball in Dick Butkus' face. Oh, dang, that's the ending to Gus: The Pigskin Mule. I liked that movie.

Back to the real world. Remember, if you can't be an athlete, you can always be an athletic supporter!
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Any chance DiMichele and Concepcion will be wearing Hammer uniforms this week?
Just saying

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]If Albany loses Saturday and finishes 9-3, that means the Panthers and Erie are tied at 9-3. Then a tiebreaker mode goes into effect. It gives me a headache trying to explain it and I have the Albany-Columbus situation today and I don't need a headache, so I'll get back with you fine message boarders on that.

Now, you want my fitting ending? The donkey misfires on the field goal, the holder picks it up, starts running, eludes Dick Butkus and scores the game-winning touchdown. He gets the girl and gets to spike the ball in Dick Butkus' face. Oh, dang, that's the ending to Gus: The Pigskin Mule. I liked that movie.

Back to the real world. Remember, if you can't be an athlete, you can always be an athletic supporter![/quote]

Butkus couldn't be involved here for both of these teams actually are in the playoffs.
What are you doing here?

thedarkknight
Site Admin

Post by thedarkknight » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 am

[quote=""preeths""]From //www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4218349 :[/quote]

If this is the case....what was the whole point of the AIFA/SIFL merger? I mean if one of the former/new AIFA teams don't wanna show up to the playoff games in GA is a shame to all the fans of the Columbus and Albany who have earned the right to host a playoff game.

How do ppl flock to Morris when his leagues have done nothing?
I'm like a dog chasing cars...I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it...You know I just do things

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]If Albany loses Saturday and finishes 9-3, that means the Panthers and Erie are tied at 9-3. Then a tiebreaker mode goes into effect. It gives me a headache trying to explain it and I have the Albany-Columbus situation today and I don't need a headache, so I'll get back with you fine message boarders on that.

Now, you want my fitting ending? The donkey misfires on the field goal, the holder picks it up, starts running, eludes Dick Butkus and scores the game-winning touchdown. He gets the girl and gets to spike the ball in Dick Butkus' face. Oh, dang, that's the ending to Gus: The Pigskin Mule. I liked that movie.[/quote]
I remember that movie. It's definitely a good reference...lots of similarities between Donkeys and the SIFL.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:04 am

[quote=""BananaCat""]I remember that movie. It's definitely a good reference...lots of similarities between Donkeys and the SIFL.[/quote]

Which end of the donkey???? lol

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 pm

So, lemme' see if I got this straight......

I was under the assumption that it's E1 vs. E4, and E2 vs. E3. Out west, it was the same deal (W1 vs. W4, and W2 vs. W3).

However, I'm kinda' confused about something. There are five divisions. Which divisions are viewed as the "Eastern Division" and the "Western Division"????

It's obvious that Columbus is the E1 right now, and Houston is the W1.

Why would Erie play Albany in the first round? I would've thought that E4 was the team with the best record that DIDN'T win their division. The Eastern Conference playoff format SHOULD look like this..

E1-Columbus
E2-Erie
E3-Richmond (Since they're the champions of the Mid-Atlantic Division)
E4-Albany
Last edited by Trish_lvs_Baltimore on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Return to “SIFL”