Status of the league

The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League (MAHL) forum
Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey »

I know of two people that were on the conference call where the league was dissolved.

The MAHL is DEAD.
BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan »

I am told that the VF owner told his players tonight that the Freedom were the only team which was not bankrupt. He said that the league has cancelled this season but will return next season with some new markets. Only Jamestown and Wooster will return. Rumor is that Danbury, Utica, York, and Atlantic City will join .
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths »

Andrew Haines needs to make sure he has all his ducks in a row before he starts another season.
Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man »

[quote=""BreakersFan""]I am told that the VF owner told his players tonight that the Freedom were the only team which was not bankrupt. He said that the league has cancelled this season but will return next season with some new markets. Only Jamestown and Wooster will return. Rumor is that Danbury, Utica, York, and Atlantic City will join .[/quote]
I think the Indiana Ice Miners can compete in a few other leagues, if only the city had a better arena...

And Paul, what do you expect from the man who started the AIFL/A and almost ran it into the ground?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths »

Oh, to be sure, this is what I expected. The man is just under-financed, period, and he pursued the same strategy that got him into trouble with the AIFA. He set up these owner-less teams so he can have a league, ends up hurriedly selling them off to other under-financed owners once the bills start to pile up, and before he knows it, everyone is in over their heads.

I asked someone within the league if the MAHL was suspending the season. I received a "No comment," which is ominous considering the nature of the question. We're told to expect word today.
tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 »

[quote=""preeths""]Oh, to be sure, this is what I expected. The man is just under-financed, period, and he pursued the same strategy that got him into trouble with the AIFA. He set up these owner-less teams so he can have a league, ends up hurriedly selling them off to other under-financed owners once the bills start to pile up, and before he knows it, everyone is in over their heads.[/quote]

I had hoped he learned his lesson from the AIFA. Single-A hockey needs local
owners and local sponsors...

Not to mention ones willing to lose money for a long time...
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths »

Looks like the other shoe has been dropped:
http://www.indianagazette.com/index.php ... 5&Itemid=2
IceMiner#1
Site Admin

MAHL has shut down the Message Boards

Post by IceMiner#1 »

About 12 noon the MAHL shut down its message board.
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths »

And finally the official announcement:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3592281
tops804
Site Admin

Not a very storybook ending...

Post by tops804 »

...to what was shaping up as a promising finish. Will the league even be able
to regroup??? The announcement left alot of unanswered questions...
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Return to “MAHL”