Drive win PBL Championship

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
Minor League Man
Site Admin

Drive win PBL Championship

Post by Minor League Man » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:16 am

After beating the Razorsharks 98-91 on Thursday, tonight the Central Illinois Drive won the PBL title by defeating the Razorsharks 101-80.

Congratulations to the players, Coach Guyton, James Morris, and most importantly the city of Bloomington on its first-ever pro sports championship!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 am

Hmm... no shenanigans this year? What fun is that? :)

Too bad the PBL had to learn the hard way - you wonder how much stronger the league would be if it were still affiliated with the franchises it chased into the NBL.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Well I think we can put to rest the notion that the PBL is designed for the razorsharks to win a championship.

As you can see, the Drive did everything a franchise is suppose to do, and they won.

I met the G.M. and A.J. Guyton once, and they are a class act.

I think the PBL looks like they picked up 3 good franchises with the Drive, Saulk Valley and the Muscle..

Now they just have to build on these.

If only they could add kankakee and Gary from the IBA, this would really be a super strong midwest division.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Well I think we can put to rest the notion that the PBL is designed for the Razorsharks to win a championship.[/quote]
Without numbering myself in the ranks of those who do believe that the PBL is built for that very purpose, the Drive winning doesn't put anything to rest. The Cavalry won the championship in their first year in the league too.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:51 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]
If only they could add kankakee and Gary from the IBA, this would really be a super strong midwest division.[/quote]

Are you still wishing the PBL upon Gary?!? Actually, the PBL had a Gary team. They were called the Northwest Indiana Stars. You know how that venture ended up.

Keep up with the inventory of available housing. When that number decreases significantly, then maybe people around here will be able to support minor league sports. Otherwise, we're still too broke to buy groceries and buy tickets at the same time.

...unless they're lottery tickets. 8)

Return to “PBL”