Tickets on Sale for April 22 RSL V. Phoenix FC Reserve League Match
SANDY, Utah (Tuesday, April 9, 2013) - Tickets to the Real Salt Lake's April 22 MLS Reserve League match against USL Pro side Phoenix FC at Rio Tinto Stadium are now on sale.
Tickets to the 7:00 p.m. MT match are $8 for Real Salt Lake PRIDE Season Ticket Holders and $12 for the general public. Fans can purchase tickets at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online, or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
The April 22 match against first-year Phoenix FC will be RSL's third non-league match at Rio Tinto Stadium so far this year. The Claret-and-Cobalt Reserves beat the Colorado Rapids Reserves 2-1 at Rio Tinto Stadium on March 16 and a reserve-laden RSL side beat BYU 1-0 in an exhibition match at the stadium on April 1.
As part of Major League Soccer's multi-year, groundbreaking partnership with USL Pro, RSL will participate in a home-and-home MLS Reserve League series with Phoenix FC this year. The return leg will be held at Sun Devil Soccer Stadium in Tempe, Ariz. on June 15.
The MLS relationship with USL Pro is designed to enhance the development of professional soccer players in North America, strengthens the competition in both leagues, and establishes a solid foundation for future collaboration. As a part of the agreement, four MLS clubs chose to enter unique affiliations with USL Pro partners: D.C. United with Richmond Kickers, Sporting Kansas City with Orlando City Soccer Club, New England Revolution with Rochester Rhinos and Philadelphia Union with Harrisburg City Islanders.
Real Salt Lake will travel north of the border to take on Western Conference foe Vancouver Whitecaps FC in MLS action on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. MT. Saturday's game will be broadcast live on ABC4 and on the radio on ESPN700 (English) and 102.3 La Gran D/1600 AM (Spanish).
RSL's Reserves will take on Whitecaps FC's Reserves on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. MT at UBC Thunderbirds Stadium. The Claret-and-Cobalt Reserves are 2-0-1 on the season, tying Colorado 0-0 in its last match on April 6.
Major League Soccer Stories from April 9, 2013
- Santos Laguna advances 2-1 on aggregate - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Rock on the Range Daily Band Lineup Announced - Columbus Crew SC
- Scouting Report: Montreal Impact - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire Defender Austin Berry Chosen as Next Fire Bobblehead - Chicago Fire
- Kevin Alston Placed on Disabled List - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Head to Mexico Hoping to Keep Champions League Hopes Alive - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United's U-23 Team's Tryouts Open for Registration - D.C. United
- Tickets on Sale for April 22 RSL V. Phoenix FC Reserve League Match - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake to Host Real Cup High School Tournament this Weekend - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy & Seattle Sounders FC in Critical CCL Semifinals - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.