D-League Draft and Training Camp Rosters Complete
November 1, 2007 - NBA Development League (D-League) News Release
NEW YORK, NOV. 1, 2007 - The Colorado 14ers used the first overall selection in the 2007 D-League draft to choose five-year NBA veteran Eddie Gill who's played with New Jersey, Memphis, Portland and Indiana. "It's an absolute honor to be the first overall selection in the draft," said Gill. "I think it's going to be a great opportunity and a great fit for me as well as the Colorado 14ers."
Carlos Powell who played with Golden State's summer League squad and was cut by the Warriors during the preseason was the second pick in the draft, taken by the Dakota Wizards.
The Albuquerque Thunderbirds then selected 34 year-old Darvin Ham, a veteran of eight NBA seasons and a member of the 2004 championship winning Detroit Pistons. Jelani McCoy who played for the Los Angeles Lakers during the 2001-02 season returns to L.A. as the D-Fenders selected the seven year NBA veteran with the eighth overall pick.
Former NBA players Jamison Brewer, Adam Harrington and Robert Whaley all were tabbed in the second round.
The ten players selected by each team in the draft will combine with the six to seven players already assigned via allocation, local tryouts or players returning from the previous season. The rosters for each of the 14 teams will be cut to 12 players on Nov. 14. Final 10-man rosters must be set by Nov. 21.
Each team will play one preseason game between Nov. 15 and 20 before the D-League regular season tips off on Nov. 23.
The first round selections were:
1) Colorado 14ers - Eddie Gill
2) Dakota Wizards - Carlos Powell
3) Albuquerque Thunderbirds - Darvin Ham
4) Idaho Stampede - Jamaal Tatum
5) Rio Grande Valley Vipers - C.J. Watson
6) Sioux Falls Skyforce - Nik Caner-Medley
7) Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Larry Turner
8) Los Angeles D-Fenders - Jelani McCoy
9) Anaheim Arsenal - Kedrick Brown
10) Utah Flash - Kevin Kruger
11) Tulsa 66ers - Glen McGowan
12) Austin Toros - Kevin Pittsnogle
13) Bakersfield Jam - forfeited
14) Iowa Energy - Dwayne Mitchell
With the completion of the draft, each teams training camp roster is set. The rosters are:
Fort Wayne Mad Ants:
Los Angeles D-Fenders:
Rio Grande Valley Vipers:
Sioux Falls Skyforce:
NBA Development League Stories from November 1, 2007
- D-League Draft and Training Camp Rosters Complete - D-League
- 14ers Take Colorado Native Gill Number One Overall, Add Nine More in 2007 - Colorado 14ers
- Tulsa 66ers Complete 2007 NBA D-League Draft - Tulsa 66ers
- D-Fenders Make Jelani McCoy First Round Pick - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Utah Flash Take Kruger with First Draft Selection - Utah Flash
- 14ers Tab Colorado Native Gill Number One Overall - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.