Offensive Linemen Rich Ranglin and George Bussey Earn All-Arena HonorsAugust 8, 2013 - Arena Football League (AFL) - San Jose SaberCats Press Release
"We had a very good offensive line this season and seeing these two recognized is important," Owner and Head Coach Darren Arbet said. "We as an organization are very proud of Rich and George for earning these well-deserved accolades."
Ranglin (6-3, 315, Central Connecticut State) appeared in and started 15 games in 2013 for the SaberCats, and brings home All-Arena honors for the third consecutive season (also did so last year with the SaberCats, as well as in 2011 as a member of the Kansas City Command). San Jose allowed just 20 sacks throughout the season, with Ranglin as a key fixture of the offensive line. He also factored into the passing game, catching four passes for 37 yards and a touchdown during the regular season, adding a touchdown reception in the National Conference Semifinal game against the Arizona Rattlers on Sunday, Aug. 4. Ranglin is up for consideration for the AFL's Spalding Offensive Lineman of the Year award.
Bussey (6-4, 310, Louisville) made a huge impact up front in his first season with the SaberCats, earning Second Team All-Arena honors for the second consecutive season, after doing so as a member of the Tampa Bay Storm in 2012. The former Louisville Cardinal started all 18 games for San Jose, along an offensive line that surrendered the fifth fewest sacks in the league at 20 and helped keep quarterback Russ Michna upright since his arrival prior to Week 6's game in New Orleans. Bussey was also a major asset in the locker room as one of the team leaders throughout the 2013 campaign and is also up for consideration for the league's Spalding Offensive Lineman of the Year.
Arena Football League Stories from August 8, 2013
- Soul Players Take Home Offensive All-Arena Honors - Philadelphia Soul
- Jeron Harvey Earns All-Arena Honors - Jacksonville Sharks
- Harvey Earns All-Arena Honors - Jacksonville Sharks
- Hills Earns All-Arena Honors - Tampa Bay Storm
- Offensive Linemen Rich Ranglin and George Bussey Earn All-Arena Honors - San Jose SaberCats
- AFL Announces All-Arena Offensive Teams - AFL
- Official Shock Watch Party at The Ref Sports Bar - Spokane Shock
- Philadelphia Will Play Jacksonville For ArenaBowl Berth - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.