VooDoo Welcome LJ Castile Back to the GraveyardMay 16, 2013 - Arena Football League (AFL) - New Orleans VooDoo
Castile (6-3, 225, Delta State) spent his first two years of his AFL career with the New Orleans VooDoo. He started 14 games for the VooDoo in 2012 and hauled in 104 passes for 1,196 yards and 27 touchdowns. He originally entered the AFL in 2011, posting four receptions for 27 yards in four games with New Orleans. Following the 2011 AFL season, Castile joined the NFL's Cleveland Browns during training camp. He played in all four preseason games and caught four passes for 27 yards. While with Utah, during the beginning of the 2013 season, Castile posted 23 receptions for 264 yards and four touch downs.
Mclean (6-1, 210, Purdue) enters the AFL after appearing in all 12 games, including six starts at Purdue as a senior. He shared the team lead with two interceptions and one fumble recovery. Mclean recorded 36 tackles (22 solo, 14 assists) and three pass breakups.
Tennison (6-3, 305, Southern Methodist) recorded 1.5 tackles while with the Utah Blaze so far this season. During his collegiate career, Tennison was a four- year letter man at Southern Methodist. As a junior, Tennison played in all 14 games with 13 starts at left guard. He blocked for an offense that totaled a school-record 3,861 passing yards and added 1,943 yards on the ground.
Arena Football League Stories from May 16, 2013
- Receiver Josh Philpart Returns to Sharks - Jacksonville Sharks
- Philadelphia Soul Forms Partnership with Burlington County College's WBZC-FM - Philadelphia Soul
- Free Tickets for All Military at Gladiators "Salute the Troops" Game - Cleveland Gladiators
- SaberCats Add Fullback Sifa Etu - San Jose SaberCats
- VooDoo Welcome LJ Castile Back to the Graveyard - New Orleans VooDoo
- Game Preview: Philadelphia Set to Face off against Orlando - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.