Laredo Lemurs LHP Matt Way Sold to Arizona DiamondbacksOctober 11, 2012 - American Association (AA)
Way is the third Laredo player to be sold to a major league organization this year (Chris Murrill to Tampa Bay and Chaz Roe to Arizona).
The 25-year-old was drafted by the Philadlephia Phillies in the 5th round of the 2009 MLB June Amateur Draft. He pitched two seasons in the Phillies organization from 2009 - 2010, before signing with Laredo in 2012. The Sitka, AK native played college baseball at Washington State University.
American Association Stories from October 11, 2012
- Saints Rookie of the Year Pitcher, Robert Coe, Rated Eighth Best Independent League Prospect by Base - St. Paul Saints
- Baseball America Announces Top Prospects - AA
- Boleska's Contract Purchased by Minnesota Twins - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Jackson Named American Association "Star of Stars" - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Laredo Lemurs LHP Matt Way Sold to Arizona Diamondbacks - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.