National Basketball League of Canada Begins Commissioner SearchAugust 9, 2012 - National Basketball League of Canada (NBL Canada)
The Board of Directors approved Mr. John Kennedy as its first ever commissioner in the inaugural season of the National Basketball League of Canada in 2011. Unfortunately due to family reasons, he had to step down from the position in April 2012.
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Below is a list ideal qualifications sought in a candidate:
1. Life experiences involving the game of basketball as well as the business of professional basketball.
2. A person who has credibility in the professional basketball world, media and business community.
3. A Canadian with roots in Canada and knowledge of the greater Toronto business community to promote the League to potential sponsors.
4. An independent representative who can visit all teams individually to review access and assist with individual team business plans, staffing and marketing.
5. A communicator who has experience in the media.
6. A commissioner with leadership qualities to lead our League to great heights.
7. A leader who can sell the League to new markets.
8. A Commissioner who will be respected by Canada Basketball, fans, players and owners alike.
9. Experience with sales in complex environments and with negotiating sponsorship contracts
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from August 9, 2012
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.