Norfolk's Picard Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Playoffs AwardJune 19, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL)
Picard battled through an injury-riddled 2011-12 regular season, appearing in just 42 games for Norfolk and recording six goals and 19 assists for 25 points. Finally healthy, Picard tied for the scoring lead among all AHL skaters in the postseason with 16 points and scored a team-high nine goals to help the Admirals to their first Calder Cup championship, and he earned the Jack Butterfield Trophy as the most valuable player of the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs.
For his role in his team's Calder Cup run after his own impressive recovery, the Les Saules, Que., native will receive the reGen©/AHL Performance of the Playoffs award from the AHL and reGen©.
reGen© is the Official Recovery Beverage of the American Hockey League.
American Hockey League Stories from June 19, 2012
- B-Sens Announce Change to Home Schedule, Full Season Ticket Plans - Binghamton Senators
- Early Bird Flex Pack Special Unveiled - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Re-Sign Svendsen for 2012-13 - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Berehowsky Named Orlando Head Coach - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears Announce Guaranteed Home Dates for 2012-2013 Season - Hershey Bears
- Dean Evason Hired as Admirals Head Coach - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Announce 2012-13 Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Bring Back Davies - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Sign East Grand Rapids Native Luke Glendening - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Norfolk's Picard Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Playoffs Award - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.