Storm Dissipates in Jungle, Preds Win 64-40June 15, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Tampa Bay Storm
Despite the struggles in the return game former South Florida standout Amarri Jackson had a big night receiving as he caught 12 passes for 220 yards and four touchdowns. The receiving yards is the second highest single-game total in franchise history. Jackson finished the game with 297 all-purpose yards. Nick Hill, in his first start under center, completed 24-of-38 passes for 375 yards and five touchdowns; however he has two costly interceptions. He also added a touchdown on the ground. Newcomers De'Cody Fagg and Joe Hills each got into the action as Fagg caught his first touchdown of the season and Hills finished second on the team with five catches for 50 yards.
Orlando capitalized on the Storm struggles in the return game providing quarterback Chris Leak with a short field on several occasions and Leak capitalized as he finished 28-of-36 for 293 yards and six touchdowns. But the playmaker of the game for the Predators was defensive back Simeon Castille who corralled both interceptions, had a forced fumble and added two pass breakups and four tackles. Receiver Glen Fox led all receivers with 16 catches as he finished with 138 yards receiving and 32 yards rushing. Fox scored three touchdowns in his second game of the season. Former Storm player and current Predator wide receiver T.T. Toliver recorded his 750th career receptions tonight, he now had 752 catches in his career, 13th all-time in the AFL, surpassing Gary Compton.
The Tampa Bay Storm returns home to host the Central Division leading San Antonio Talons on Amalie Motor Oil Field at the Tampa Bay Times Forum Saturday, June 23. The game will kickoff at 7:30 PM.
Arena Football League Stories from June 15, 2012
- Storm Dissipates in Jungle, Preds Win 64-40 - Tampa Bay Storm
- Predators Defeat Tampa Bay Storm, 64-40 - Orlando Predators
- SaberCats Travel to Kansas City to Take on Command - San Jose SaberCats
- Philadelphia Circling Home Field Advantage - Philadelphia Soul
- Moye-Moore Named Week 15 National Guard Community MVP - AFL
- Kurt Rocco Set to Face Former Team - New Orleans VooDoo
- KC Command vs. SaberCats Game Preview - Kansas City Command
- Sharks Host Soul in Week 15 Rematch - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.