Storm fall to Georgia ForceMay 12, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Tampa Bay Storm
Storm quarterback Stephen Wasil completed 21-of-34 passes for 260 yards and six touchdowns. However two first half interceptions proved costly as the Storm went into the locker room at the half down by 24-14. Prechae Rodriguez led all receivers with 10 receptions for 142 yards, he also scored two touchdowns. Amarri Jackson added three touchdown receptions, while Chandler Williams added another.
Kevin Eakin led the Force with an efficient game as he did not turn the ball over. He finished with 78 yards and three touchdowns as he completed 19-of-30 passes. His primary weapon was Larry Shipp who caught two of Eakin's scores and added another on the ground. Receiver Jake Allen led the force with nine receptions for 71 yards with a score.
The Tampa Bay Storm remains on the road next week as they head to Cleveland to take on the Gladiators The Q on Saturday, May 19. Kickoff is set for 7:30 PM EST; the game can be heard on WHNZ AM 1250.
Arena Football League Stories from May 12, 2012
- Big Second Half Leads Soul Past Sharks, 56-38 - Jacksonville Sharks
- Soul Ride Late Surge to Defeat Jacksonville, 56-38 - Philadelphia Soul
- Storm fall to Georgia Force - Tampa Bay Storm
- Georgia Force Defeat the Tampa Bay Storm 44-41 - Georgia Force
- VooDoo Fall in Overtime to Spokane - New Orleans VooDoo
- Blaze Splits Season Series with SaberCats - Utah Blaze
- SaberCats Extinguish Blaze 70-59 in Battle for First Place - San Jose SaberCats
- Shock hold off Voodoo in 68-62 Overtime Win - Spokane Shock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.