Maineiacs Acquire Critchlow And Tanguy In TradeDecember 31, 2009 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Lewiston MAINEiacs
Critchlow (18) was the Titan's first-round draft pick (14th overall) in the 2007 QMJHL Entry Draft. In 40 games this season, he has registered four goals and 10 assists. The Fredericton, New Brunswick native, played for Team Atlantic in the U-17 Tournament which won the gold medal. He was selected as team MVP of that tournament by his teammates.
Tanguy (17) has appeared in three games for the Titan this season scoring one goal. He has spent a majority of this season with the Saint-Jerome Panthers (LHJAAAQ) and posted an impressive 37 points in 31 games (16 goals, 21 assists). Tanguy has been pegged as one of the most gifted offensive players to play for Saint-Jerome since former MAINEiacs forward David Perron.
"Cameron brings a lot of leadership to our team, and will also bring some grit to the table." said MAINEiacs General Manager Roger Shannon. "Jess Tanguy is an offensively skilled player, and will be a big producer for us up front."
Trudeau totaled 17 points in 37 games with Lewiston this year, while Dillman went scoreless in three games played. With the trade, Lewiston's roster now features nine QMJHL first-round draft selections.
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2009
- 'Cats Lose To Seas Dogs In Shootout 4-3 - Moncton Wildcats
- Sea Dogs Earn 4-3 Comeback Win In Moncton - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Maineiacs Acquire Critchlow And Tanguy In Trade - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Olympiques Race Past Maineiacs - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Trade Between Acadie-Bathurst And Lewiston - QMJHL
- Today's Maineiacs Game Scheduled For 2:00 P.M. - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Wildcats Alumni Headed To Olympics - Moncton Wildcats
- Cats Coffee Talk - Moncton Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.