NBA D-League Suspends FourDecember 18, 2009 - NBA Development League (D-League)
Reno's Cezary Trybanski received a two-game suspension, while Bakersfield's Amara Sy and Rodney Webb were each suspended for one game. Jared Newson, who was waived by the Jam due to injury prior to the game but was seated near the bench in street clothes, received a one-game suspension.
Trybanski was suspended two games for attempting to strike Bakersfield's Terrence Gamble and for punching Webb. Webb is being suspended for one game for striking Trybanski in the chest and for escalating the altercation between Trybanski and Gamble. Newson was suspended one game for leaving the bench area during the altercation.
Sy is being suspended for one game for striking an opposing player in the groin during a separate incident in the same game. That incident occurred with one minute left to play in the fourth quarter.
Trybanski will serve his two-game suspension beginning tonight when Reno plays the Sioux Falls Skyforce in Sioux Falls and on Dec. 21 when the team travels to play the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Webb will serve his one-game suspension tonight when the Jam hosts the Idaho Stampede. Newson will serve his suspension when and if he is reacquired by an NBA D-League team. Sy will also serve his suspension tonight against the Stampede.
NBA Development League Stories from December 18, 2009
- Skyforce Wins Thriller Over Bighorns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Armor Win First Game in Franchise History in Nail Biting Overtime - Springfield Armor
- BayHawks Announce Roster Move - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Suspends Four - D-League
- Tulsa 66ers Acquire Forward Deron Washington - Tulsa 66ers
- D-Fenders Trade Deron Washington For Keith Clark - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- Mad Ants Acquire Jared Reiner - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.