White Sox Major Leaguers, Green Beer & Yellow Bandanas This WeekJuly 13, 2009 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Savannah Sand Gnats
The Sand Gnats entertain two Major Leaguers who will suit up for the Kannapolis Intimidators on Monday and Tuesday to start the homestand. Chicago White Sox 2008 All-Star outfielder Carlos Quentin will play in both 7 p.m. games Monday and Tuesday while former Cy Young award winner Bartolo Colon will start for the Intimidators on Tuesday night. Good seats are still available for both contests so don't miss your first chance this season to see Major Leaguers on a Minor League stage.
The Gnats will play a special 12:30 p.m. matinee on Wednesday with Wet-n-Wild Camp Day. Our Kids Zone will be filled with water-filled activities and a dunk tank so kids and adults can sink the Sand Gnats staff.
Friday night, July 17, we will celebrate St. Patrick's Day in July as we give away green beads in honor of Irish night. Our beer vendors will also carry green beer for this night only and the Gnats will also light up of the sky with fireworks following the KIX 96 Friday night 6:30 p.m. game.
The first 1,000 fans through the gates for Saturday night's 7 p.m. contest will receive Yellow Sand Gnats bandanas courtesy of AT&T Real Yellow Pages. Savannah band Junkyard Angel will perform outside the gates of Grayson before the game.
The fun continues on Sunday afternoon as the first 1,000 fans at the 2 p.m. start will receive the official 2009 Sand Gnats Team Trading Card Set courtesy of Coca-Cola. It's also Family Sunday where each child eats free with the purchase of one adult general admission ticket and coupon found in Sunday Morning's Savannah Morning News. Family Sunday is sponsored by BIG 98.3, The CW, and the Savannah Morning News.
For tickets and more information, visit www.sandgnats.com or call 912.351.9150.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 13, 2009
- Shorebirds hand Legends record-breaking 19-0 loss - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs boil Crawdads, 7-3 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads' miscues lead to 7-3 loss - Hickory Crawdads
- Quentin, bullpen help Intimidators beat Savannah - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Drive rally past Suns for 5-4 victory - Greenville Drive
- Braves fall to Grasshoppers, 2-1 - Rome Braves
- Power Comeback Falls Short - West Virginia Power
- Suns run out of rallies in 5-4 loss - Hagerstown Suns
- Monell's pinch-hit wins it in 9th - Augusta GreenJackets
- BlueClaws Outrun Hot Rods, 9-4 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Frazier deals gem, Tourists keep rolling - Asheville Tourists
- Rome Makes Multiple Roster Changes - Rome Braves
- Smolinski is Minor League Player of the Month - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Quentin, Colon Set to Rehab with Kannapolis in Savannah - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Captains Return Home July 13 for Eight-Game Homestand - Lake County Captains
- White Sox Major Leaguers, Green Beer & Yellow Bandanas This Week - Savannah Sand Gnats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.