Arias gets first win of seasonApril 26, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Round Rock Express
Vying for his first win of the season, Round Rock right-hander Alberto Arias (1-2) limited Memphis to one earned run on three hits, a walk and a strikeout over five innings and Jeremy Johnson allowed one more run over four innings of relief as the Express picked up its sixth win, 6-2, at The Dell Diamond.
Edwin Maysonet and Brian Bogusevic each doubled twice against the Redbirds, scoring four runs between them, and Mark Saccomanno and Edwin Maysonet both collected a pair of hits. John Gall also kept his streak alive, reaching base for the 14th consecutive home game dating back to April 9.
Maysonet doubled and scored to give Round Rock an early 1-0 lead in the second and Bogusevic and Manzella combined for back-to-back one-out doubles in the third to retake a 2-1 lead. Bogusevic doubled and scored again the fifth to pad the lead at 3-1.
After Memphis trimmed the lead to 3-2 on a pair of hits and an Express error in the sixth, Round Rock responded with three more runs in the bottom of the frame. Saccomanno singled to start the inning and Maysonet followed up with a double. Yordany Ramirez was hit by a pitch by starter Adam Ottavino. An out later, Brian Esposito hammered out a 2-run single. Johnson drove in the game's final run with a force out.
The two teams meet in the third of the current four-game set Monday at 7:05 p.m. at The Dell Diamond.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 26, 2009
- Reno knocks off Fresno, 3-2 - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox Beat Rainiers 7-5 in a Home Run Happy Affair - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Z's rally falls short - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Arias gets first win of season - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Blanked By I-Cubs, 3-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers-Bees Postponed Due To Rain Sunday - Portland Beavers
- Royals, RedHawks Rained Out Again - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Today's Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Padres Recall Drew Macias - Portland Beavers
- Angels Recall Fernando Rodriguez - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.