Colorado's Costello Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the MonthDecember 6, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL)
Costello scored eight goals and added 21 assists for 29 points and was a +8 in 13 games during the month, helping the Eagles to a 7-5-1 record in November.
The 26-year-old scored at least one point in each game during November, part of his ECHL season-long 14-game point streak. He had nine multi-point games during the month including five points (1g-4a) on Nov. 2 against San Francisco and four points (0g-4a) on Nov. 21 against Florida. Costello also had a hat trick in a 6-2 win against Utah on Nov. 10. He was named ECHL Player of the Week for the week ending Nov. 11 after posting seven points (4g-3a) in three games during the week.
A native of Johnston, Iowa, Costello leads the league with 30 assists, 39 points and 14 power-play assists, and is tied for the league lead with 17 power-play points.
The reigning ECHL Most Valuable Player, Costello has tallied 115 points (38g-77a) in 70 career ECHL games with Colorado and Texas and he has also seen action in 19 career American Hockey League games with Lake Erie, Springfield and Worcester, registering five assists.
Runners Up: Kael Mouillierat, Idaho (12 gp, 11g, 4a, 15 pts.), C.J. Stretch, Ontario (11 gp, 10g, 9a, 19 pts.) and David Marshall, Reading (14 gp, 3g, 14a, 17 pts).
Also Nominated: Michael Pelech (Cincinnati), Josh Beaulieu (Evansville), Mathieu Roy (Florida), Brandon Marino (Fort Wayne), Casey Pierro-Zabotel (Gwinnett), Sam Ftorek (Kalamazoo), Eric Lampe (Las Vegas), Olivier Fortier (Orlando), Dean Ouellet (San Francisco), Hunter Bishop (South Carolina), Toni Rajala (Stockton) and Luke Glendening (Toledo).
MONTH PLAYER TEAM
October Nick Petersen Orlando Solar Bears
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2012
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Road Warriors to Dye Ice Green for Holidays - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Mouillierat Loaned to AHL's IceCaps - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Captain Weller Loaned to St. John's - South Carolina Stingrays
- Colorado's Costello Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Aces Beat Grizzlies 4-2 in Return Home - Alaska Aces
- Bulls Topple Condors, 4-1, Win Fourth Straight Home Game - San Francisco Bulls
- Alaska Breaks Third Period Tie to Beat Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder tied for first in Pacific Division, Reichard earns first career shutout - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Fall in San Francisco - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Blanked 1-0 by Thunder - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.