Thunder signs big forwardJune 23, 2004 - USL First Division (USL-1) - Minnesota Thunder Press Release
The 6-1, 185-pound post-up forward will be in uniform for the Thunders next home game against border rival Milwaukee Wave United on Saturday, June 26 (kickoff 6 p.m.).
Castellanos, 24, is a native of Philadelphia and a former US U-17 and U-20 National Team player. He was released by the Colorado Rapids on June 11 after playing in three matches in 2004. Prior to the Rapids, Castellanos played one season professionally in the Honduras first division (Motagua). He played collegiate soccer for University of Connecticut (2000-01) where he helped lead the team to the 2000 NCAA national championship, and tallied eight goals in two seasons.
Despite posting the fifth best record in the league to date, the Thunder has scored just 11 goals in 11 league games. Only three teams in the 16-team A-League have fewer goals.
Its amazing what we have done by scoring so few goals, said Thunder head coach Buzz Lagos. David has a strong track record for scoring goals, and he comes to us in very good form.
USL First Division Stories from June 23, 2004
- Portland leaves Midwest road trip with a split after 2-1 loss - Portland Timbers
- Thunder signs big forward - Minnesota Thunder
- Wave United Game Notes - Milwaukee Wave United
- Edmonton Aviators announce re-organization - Edmonton Aviators
- Lynx Head West to Face Whitecaps - Toronto Lynx
- USL Fox Sports World Game of the Week - USL-1
- Survivor Ethan Zohn to join USL on FSW telecasts - USL-1
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.