Your Safety Is Our Top Priority: Response to Coronavirus Outbreak
YOUNGSTOWN, OH -- As we continue to monitor developments regarding the coronavirus in the state of Ohio, the Youngstown Phantoms organization continues to focus on the safety and well-being of our fans along with the community that we serve. For now, business will continue as normal, with the selling of tickets for our Friday and Saturday games versus the Dubuque Fighting Saints. We are monitoring the situation daily and will update everyone should anything change.
We want to share a few steps we are taking for you, our customer:
Regular cleaning in the facilities will be heightened. In fact, JAC Management has doubled the housekeeping staff at events until further notice so that frequently touched surfaces in the arena will be aggressively and continually cleaned and disinfected. Antibacterial soap will be equipped in every restroom in the Covelli Centre and the building has added multiple hand sanitizing stations along with wayfinding signs to allow for easy and frequent hand cleansing. All team locker rooms and team facilities will be open only for players and essential staff of each team until further notice.
If you are sick and are unable to attend Friday or Saturday's game, the Phantoms will gladly offer a voucher for a future game in exchange for a ticket to either of this weekends' games.
We encourage our customers to take recommended precautions from the CDC :
If you are sick, please stay home. See above about exchanging your ticket to this weekends games. -
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place. -
If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. -
Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc. -
Avoid contact with people who are sick. -
Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others. -
Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. -
Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system. -
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2020
- One-Goal Game Ends 3-0 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- McCarthy, Saints Shutout Waterloo 3-0 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Weekend Preview: USA 18's vs Lancers - Omaha Lancers
- The Coronavirus: What We Are Doing, How You Can Help - Omaha Lancers
- Your Safety Is Our Top Priority: Response to Coronavirus Outbreak - Youngstown Phantoms
- Weekly Preview: Military Appreciation/Hometown Heroes Night, Youth Replica Jersey Giveaway, Highlight Home Weekend - Chicago Steel
- Statement from USHL Regarding COVID-19 - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown Phantoms Stories
- Boston Bruins Select Two Youngstown Phantoms in the NHL Draft
- Youngstown Phantoms Acquire Assistant Coach Justin DeMartino
- Youngstown Phantoms Release 2020-2021 Regular Season Schedule
- Youngstown Phantoms Acquired Multiple Players Through the 2020 USHL Dispersal Draft
- Phantoms Announce Season Updates