Yard Goats Denied Third Straight Win, Lose 5-2
Manchester, NH - The Hartford Yard Goats (2-7) were defeated by the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (7-2) by the score of 5-2 on Saturday night at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium in Manchester, New Hampshire. It was the second game of a three-game weekend series which concludes with a day game tomorrow. Fisher Cats starter Sean Reid-Foley retired the first 16 Yard Goats to come to the plate and was perfect for 5.1 innings before getting reached for a run in the sixth inning. His no-hitter was broken up by a single by Yard Goats third baseman Myles Jones in the sixth inning. Peter Lambert who allowed three runs in the third inning was tagged with the loss for Hartford. The Fisher Cats win denied the Yard Goats of their first three-game win streak of the season and New Hampshire has defeated Hartford in five of six meetings.
The Fisher Cats scored three runs in the third inning off Hartford starter Peter Lambert to take a 3-0 lead. The right hander, who walked two batters in the frame, allowed a two-run single to Vladimir Guerrero Jr. for the early lead. Guerrero's 12 RBI's leads the Eastern League.
The Yard Goats got on the board with a run in the sixth inning on Yonathan Daza's RBI single scoring Myles Jones to make it 3-1. Hartford scored again in the seventh inning to make it a one-run game. After a leadoff double by Brian Mundell, Dom Nunez knocked him in on an RBI single and it was 3-2. However, the Fisher Cats scored a pair of runs in the bottom of the seventh to take a 5-2 edge.
The Yard Goats continue their two-city seven game road trip and play the final of a 3-game series against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats on Sunday afternoon at 1:35 PM. RHP Parker French will start for Hartford while RHP Jon Harris will counter for New Hampshire. The game will be broadcast on AM 1410 WPOP and streamed on newsradio.1410.com and MiLB.com.
April 14, 2018
Final: New Hampshire Fisher Cats 5, Hartford Yard Goats 2
WP: Sean Reid-Foley (2-0)
LP: Peter Lambert (1-1)
SV: Connor Fisk (2)
First Pitch Temp: 39 degrees, 11 mph wind
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 14, 2018
- Bowie Downs Senators 15-6 in Ten Innings - Harrisburg Senators
- Joseph Powers Baysox Offensive Eruption in 15-6 Win - Bowie Baysox
- Yard Goats Denied Third Straight Win, Lose 5-2 - Hartford Yard Goats
- Squirrels Keep the Good Times Rolling on Saturday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels steal game two 5-4 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Curve Outlast SeaWolves, Weather for Extra-Inning Win - Altoona Curve
- RubberDucks Fall in Masterful Pitching Performance - Akron RubberDucks
- Four Arms Throw Combined Two-Hitter in 1-0 Win - Trenton Thunder
- SeaWolves Fall to Curve in Extras - Erie SeaWolves
- Shawaryn Dazzles in 3-0 Win over Ponies - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ponies "Singled" out in Loss to Sea Dogs, 3-0 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Rule 5 Selection Returns from Baltimore - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 14th vs. Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #8 - Rumble Ponies (3-4) at Sea Dogs (2-5) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Yard Goats Stories
- Yard Goats to Host Connecticut's Largest Halloween Trick Or Treat Community Event
- Hartford Yard Goats Recognized as Top Promotional Club in Eastern League in 2018
- Yard Goats Named 2018 Commitment to Charity Award Winner by Ballpark Digest
- Yard Goats 2018 Recap
- Yard Goats Blast Three Homers and Win Final Game of 2018