Wolves Work Hard in Road Victory over Lakers
El Segundo, Calif. - The Iowa Wolves (12-11) won their second consecutive game Wednesday evening, defeating the South Bay Lakers (10-12) 147-140 at the UCLA Health Training Center in El Segundo, Calif.
Wednesday marked the second straight game in which the Wolves scored over 145 points and shot 50.0% or better from the field (55.8%).
Two-way guard Jordan McLaughlin continued his torrid offensive pace as of late, finishing with his third-straight 25-plus point game (31) and also finished one-point shy of tying a season high. The former University of Southern California product shot 8-of-16 from the field and 9-of-10 from the charity stripe.
Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jaylen Nowell contributed with 23 points, five rebounds and a team-high eight assists. The guard shot 9-of-16 in the Wolves win.
As a team the Wolves outshot the Lakers from the field (55.8%) and from the three-point line (40.9%). Iowa also tallied 35 assists as a team, one shy of the season-high set during Monday night's win.
Three other players from Iowa ended the game with at least 20 points including: James Webb III (21), Barry Brown Jr. (21) and Tyus Battle (20). Brown Jr. and Battle each finished the game with a new season-high in points scored.
Two-way forward Kostas Antetokoumnpo and former Iowa State standout Talen Horton-Tucker did the heavy lifting for South Bay on the evening, ripping off 24 and 23 points respectively.
Iowa continues its current three-game road trip with a 9:00 p.m. CT matchup tomorrow night against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 9, 2020
- Canton Snaps Wisconsin's Three Game Winning Streak in 12-Point Victory - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Tame Herd in Wisconsin - Canton Charge
- Gates Wins Game at Buzzer in Triple OT - Maine Red Claws
- Career High from Antetokounmpo Not Enough in South Bay Loss - South Bay Lakers
- Wolves Work Hard in Road Victory over Lakers - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Stars Stifle Wolves Offense in Salt Lake City
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III, Omari Spellman and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Wolves Can't Keep Pace with Clippers in Road Matchup
- Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road
- James Webb III Named to USA Men's February 2020 AmeriCup Qualifying Team