Wolves Acquire Diamond Stone
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves, the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, today announced the team has acquired center Diamond Stone.
Stone (6-11, 255) appeared in 31 games last season with the Windy City Bulls and Salt Lake City Stars. The former Maryland Terrapin averaged 16.0 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.1 assists during the 2017-18 NBA G League season.
Selected by the New Orleans Pelicans with the No. 40 overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, Stone's draft rights were traded to the Los Angeles Clippers on draft night. He appeared in seven games for the Clippers during the 2016-17 season.
Iowa traded for Stone's returning rights on Nov. 14 from Salt Lake City. In exchange, the Stars received the returning player rights to Wes Washpun and a third-round selection in the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
The Wolves begin a two-game homestand on Saturday, Dec. 1 against the Northern Arizona Suns at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 26, 2018
- Houston Rockets Call-Up Danuel House Jr. - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Hit the Road for First Time in Three Weeks - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Aims for Four Straight Wins Tuesday Versus Bulls - Westchester Knicks
- Johnathan Motley Named G-League Player of the Week - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Acquire Diamond Stone - Iowa Wolves
- New Orleans Pelicans Recall Kenrich Williams - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle
- Iowa Reigns over Stockton in Overtime Affair
- Darius Johnson-Odom Named to Midseason Western Conference All-NBA G League Team
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats
- Warrick Powers Wolves over Clippers at Home