Wolf Pack's Summer "Hockey in the Streets" Program Returns June 27
HARTFORD: Spectra, operators of the XL Center and Hartford Wolf Pack, today announced the return of the Wolf Pack's "Hockey in the Streets" program, starting Thursday, June 27.
Hockey in the Streets brings the fun and exercise of outdoor ball hockey to youngsters at the Channel 3 Kids Camp and Lake Compounce. Led by the Wolf Pack's beloved mascot, Sonar, the Wolf Pack staff provides all of the necessary equipment for the summer hockey fun, as well as instruction and encouragement for the young participants, many of whom will be experiencing the thrill and excitement of playing hockey for the first time.
June 27 is the first of nine Hockey in the Streets dates at Channel 3 Kids Camp in Andover, CT. Channel 3 Kids Camp provides fun year-round opportunities to children of all abilities, families, and communities through educational and recreational programs that promote diversity, acceptance and environmental appreciation, and is located at 73 Times Farm Rd. in Andover.
"The Channel 3 Kids Camp is so excited to bring street hockey back to camp this summer," said Jes Vance, Director of Programs for Channel 3 Kids Camp. "The kids love learning new skills, and the teamwork and gameplay involved is a wonderful addition to our program."
Hockey in the Streets will also visit Channel 3 Kids Camp Wednesday, July 3, in conjunction with a holiday celebration barbecue, as well as the next seven consecutive Thursdays, July 11 through August 22. Each Channel 3 Kids Camp appearance will begin at 8:30 AM.
Lake Compounce's Bear Creek Campground, 280 Enterprise Dr. in Bristol, CT, will host Hockey in the Streets Saturday, July 13 and Saturday, August 10. Those outings both begin at 8:00 AM.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451, or click here to request more info. To visit the Wolf Pack on line, go to www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Join the Roadrunners June 22-23 at TCC Kid's Fair - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Seventh Round Pick in 2021 from Nashville Predators - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack's Summer "Hockey in the Streets" Program Returns June 27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Senators Looking to Expand Business with New Hires - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to One-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman K'Andre Miller