Wolf Pack Weekly, April 9-15
The Wolf Pack (32-33-6-3, 73 pts., .493) finished their Atlantic Division schedule this past weekend with three games, and went 1-2-0-0. The Wolf Pack scored three third-period goals in their Friday-night visit to Providence, but that was not enough to erase a 5-0 deficit after forty minutes, in a 6-3 loss. Then on Saturday at home vs. Lehigh Valley, the Wolf Pack completed a sweep of their six-game season series against the division-leading Phantoms, winning 3-2 in overtime. Team goal-scoring leader Vinni Lettieri's 22nd of the year was the OT winner. The Wolf Pack were unable to solve Springfield Thunderbird netminder Harri Sateri on Sunday at the XL Center, though, in a 2-0 loss. Hartford backstop Alexandar Georgiev made 46 saves in that game.
The Wolf Pack finish their 2017-18 season with a home-and-home against the Binghamton Devils, the first action between the two teams this season. The Wolf Pack and Devils face off at 7:15 PM on Friday at the XL Center, on "Fan Appreciation Night", and then the Wolf Pack's schedule comes to a close Saturday night in Binghamton, with a 7:05 game.
Friday, April 13 vs. the Binghamton Devils (New Jersey) at the XL Center, 7:15 PM
- This is the Wolf Pack's "Fan Appreciation Night", as the Wolf Pack pay tribute to all the great fans who have supported the team throughout the 2017-18 season.
- At this game, as at all Wolf Pack Friday-night home games, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers through the start of the second period, presented by Dave & Buster's.
- This is the Wolf Pack's first meeting with the Devils since the franchise's move to Binghamton from Albany, where it had been situated for the previous seven seasons. Last year vs. the Albany Devils, the Wolf Pack were 0-3-1-0 in four games.
- The Devils are 25-37-7-4, for 61 points and a .418 points percentage, tied with Belleville for fifth place in the North Division.
- Binghamton's leading point-scorer is defenseman Jacob MacDonald, who leads all AHL blueliners in points and goals, with 20-35-55 in 72 games, and was named a First-Team All-Star. Nick Lappin is the Devil club's top goal-scorer, with 30 in 62 games.
- At this and every Wolf Pack home game, fans are encouraged to come early for "Hockey Happy Hour" in the Comcast Coliseum Club. Enjoy $2 domestic beers and $5 appetizers from 5:15 PM until puck drop.
- Tickets are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger are just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $2 day-of-game increase.
- Broadcast - live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on-line at www.979espn.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Saturday, April 14 at the Binghamton Devils (New Jersey) at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena, 7:05 PM
- The Devils are 13-18-4-2 on home ice this season, and the Wolf Pack come into this last road game 14-17-3-3 on enemy ice.
- The Wolf Pack are 8-6-2-0 vs. the North Division on the year.
- Broadcast - live with Bob Crawford on-line at www.979espn.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Evan Jasper - signed by the Wolf Pack to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement April 3.
David Hallisey - signed by the Wolf Pack to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement April 4, and released April 7.
Tyson Helgesen - signed by the Wolf Pack to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement April 5.
Matt Beleskey - recalled from the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers April 6.
Steven Fogarty - recalled from the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers April 6, and returned to Wolf Pack April 7.
Jason Salvaggio - signed by the Wolf Pack to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement April 6.
Lias Andersson - returned to the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers April 7.
Filip Chytil - returned to the Wolf Pack by the New York Rangers April 7.
Ty Ronning - signed by the Wolf Pack to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement April 7.
Simon Denis - released by the Wolf Pack from a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement April 9.
Wolf Pack home game tickets can be purchased at the XL Center ticket office, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger are just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $2 day-of-game increase.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2018
- Week 27 Report: Hogs Storm Down Stretch with Playoffs in Sight - Rockford IceHogs
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- St. Louis Blues Reassign Goaltender Ville Husso and Defenseman Chris Butler to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Englund and Taylor Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Reassign Tyler Motte, Nikolay Goldobin and Ashton Sautner to the Comets - Utica Comets
- Roadrunners Announce Home Playoff Dates & Ticket Information - Tucson Roadrunners
- Additional Details Announced for Fan Appreciation Saturday - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Sign Forward Matt Fonteyne to AHL Contract - San Jose Barracuda
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Desrosiers Reassigned to ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Join the Griffins for 2017-18 Regular Season Finale - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pascal Vincent Voted Winner of Louis A.R. Pieri Award as Outstanding Coach - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba's Pascal Vincent Voted Winner of 2017-18 Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award - AHL
- Wolf Pack Release Simon Denis from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Trio of Players Return to Worcester (ECHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Danforth Named ECHL Rookie of the Year - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Griffins and MOS Host Wish List Drive this Saturday to Benefit Kids' Food Basket - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Harri Sateri Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Springfield's Harri Sateri Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Kyle Thomas Recalled from Utah - San Diego Gulls
- Tony Calderone Signs with Dallas, Joins Texas on Tryout Agreement - Texas Stars
- Forwards Pascal Laberge, Isaac Ratcliffe Join Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Leier Released from ATO - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.