Wisconsin Herd Adds Xavier Munford
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, has added guard Xavier Munford to the team's roster.
Munford appeared in 34 games (33 starts) with the Herd last season and averaged 24.4 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.7 steals, while shooting 50.9 percent from the field and 44.4 percent from three. His impressive season earned him NBA G League Performer of the Week recognition (Nov. 13, 2017), Midseason All-NBA G League Team honors, a Two-Way Contract with the Milwaukee Bucks and roster spots on USA World Cup Qualifying Teams. Munford was one of three USA World Cup Qualifying Team players to be invited to the July 2018 USAB Men's National Team minicamp in Las Vegas.
In his four NBA G League seasons, Munford holds career averages of 17.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.2 steals, while shooting 47.3 percent from the field. The New Jersey native played most recently with Fujian (China) where he averaged 19.0 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.7 steals in 26.0 minutes per game.
The Herd roster now stands at 11 players.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2019
- Skyforce Comeback Bid Falls Short against Frazier, Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Absorbs Setback against Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Frazier Erupts for Career High 43 as Vipers Extend Win Streak to Seven against Skyforce - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Acquire Mareik Isom - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wisconsin Herd Adds Xavier Munford - Wisconsin Herd
- Memphis Hustle to Host Financial Literacy Education Day Game Wednesday, January 30 at 10:30 a.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Chris McCullough off Waivers Ahead of Mondays Matchup - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- New York Knicks Recall Kadeem Allen from Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Looks for Third Series Win over 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Mavericks Recall Ray Spalding from Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Raptors 905 to Host Annual Bell Lets Talk Day Game on Wednesday - Raptors 905
- Sioux Falls Uses Strong Third Quarter to Overtake Knicks - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Adds Amjyot Singh
- Xavier Munford Named to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Wood Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team
- Woods' Dominant Performance Lifts Herd over Charge
- Wisconsin's Late Comeback Falls Short as Raptors Claim Win