Winnipeg ICE Sign 2019 Sixth Round Draft Pick Daniel Hauser
Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg ICE Hockey Club announced on Saturday that '04-born goaltender Daniel Hauser has signed a WHL Standard Player Agreement with the organization.
The ICE selected Hauser in the sixth round (120th overall) in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft.
The Chestermere, Alberta native played 23 regular season games with Edge School Bantam Prep of the Canadian Sports School Hockey League during the 2018-19 campaign. In those 23 games, the five-foot-nine, 150-pound netminder posted a 3.00 goals against average and a .911 save percentage.
At the World Selects Invitational in May, Hauser registered a 1.63 goals against average and a .919 save percentage in six games with the Western Canada Selects U15.
"Daniel was a player we were very excited about selecting on draft day," said Jake Heisinger, Director, Scouting and Hockey Operations. "He is a hard working individual with a very good set of skills. We would like to thank Daniel and his family for choosing our program to further his development."
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 1, 2019
- Rebels Prime Prospect Grubbe Excelled During Late Stages of Midget AAA Season - Red Deer Rebels
- Four Rockets attending NHL Scouting Combine - Kelowna Rockets
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2019 Sixth Round Draft Pick Daniel Hauser - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- Bid on 2019-20 Season Worn Winnipeg ICE Jerseys
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Forward Ty Fraser to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Defenseman Ashton Cumby to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2004 Forward Brayden Edwards to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Winnipeg ICE Sign Hayden Pakkala to a WHL Standard Player Agreement