Wings Waive Gustafson and Burke, Finalize Opening Night Roster
The Dallas Wings have waived forward Megan Gustafson and guard Kennedy Burke, the team announced today. The Wings also moved Moriah Jefferson to the temporarily suspended list.
Gustafson, a four-year starter from Iowa, was the No. 17 overall pick in the 2019 WNBA Draft. Through the preseason, she averaged 2.6 points and 3.0 rebounds a game.
Burke, the 22nd overall pick in this year's draft out of UCLA, appeared in three preseason contests with the Wings.
Dallas opens the 2019 season Friday, May 24 on the road against the Atlanta Dream at 6:30 p.m. CT. The game can be viewed on WNBA League Pass.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 22, 2019
- Wings Waive Gustafson and Burke, Finalize Opening Night Roster - Dallas Wings
- Wings 2019 Training Camp Report: Day 18 - Dallas Wings
- Mystics Release Promotional Schedule for 2019 Season - Washington Mystics
- YES Network Official Regional TV Partner of Liberty - New York Liberty
- Twenty-Two Live TV Games Plus Live Streaming Options for All 34 Games Highlight Fever Broadcast Schedule - Indiana Fever
- Alexander Waived by Fever; Roster Trimmed to 12 Players for Season Opener - Indiana Fever
- Atlanta Dream and WSB-TV Announce Multimedia Partnership - Atlanta Dream
- Wings 2019 Training Camp Report: Day 17 - Dallas Wings
- Lynx Waive Forward Erlana Larkins - Minnesota Lynx
- 2019 WNBA.com GM Survey: Las Vegas Favored to Win Championship - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.