Wings Slide by Liberty to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive
The Dallas Wings (8-14) came back to beat the New York Liberty (2-20) 82-79 Sunday afternoon.
The Wings kept their playoff hopes alive as Arike Ogunbowale hit an and one with 12.4 seconds to play to put the Wings up 81-79 after Dallas had trailed since the 8:39 mark in the third quarter. Her last three points were part of the Miraculous Milwaukeean's 26-point, five rebound and four assist performance, the seventeenth time this season she has led Dallas in scoring.
Most Improved Player of the Year candidate Marina Mabrey played a supporter role to her Notre Dame teammate once again, making a career high six threes and racking up her career high 24 points to go along with six rebounds, three steals and a block.
Dallas will play the five seed Phoenix Mercury (13-9) in the 2020 WNBA Playoffs Tuesday, September 15, at 8 p.m. CT on ESPN2 if the Atlanta Dream defeat the Washington Mystics later today.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 13, 2020
- Storm Drops Close Contest to Aces, 86-84 - Seattle Storm
- Postgame Notes: Atlanta 78, Washington 85 - Atlanta Dream
- Aces Clinch #1 Seed with 86-84 Win over Seattle - Las Vegas Aces
- Win Or Leave the Bubble: Mercury, Mystics in Round 1 of Playoffs - Phoenix Mercury
- Wings Slide by Liberty to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Dallas Wings
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Dallas Wings - New York Liberty
- Liberty Sign Stokes to Contract Extension - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.