Wings Overseas Roundup - February 18
Ogunbowale didn't show any rust after the two-week break as she helped OGM Ormanspor defeat Izmit Belediyespor 88-66 on Saturday. The Irish Idol dropped 23 points to go along with three assists in 34 minutes, giving her 17 20 or more point games overseas this season.
Gustafson caused her opponents to fear the paint last week, totaling eight rejections in NKE-FCSM Csata's two victories. The Iowa Icon scored nine points and five rebounds to go along with four blocks in a 79-70 win over PEAC-Pecs and continued the block party with four more and a 17 point, 10 rebound double-double in a 77-73 victory at Miskolc.
Samuelson saw limited action after returning from playing for Great Britain, contributing a rebound in Perfumerias Avenida's 60-55 loss to Girona, just the Owls third loss on the season.
Thornton dropped her 13 game of 20 or more points, and fourth in a row, netting 21 points against KEB Hanabank. However, the KB Stars were unable to shake off the rust after a two-week break and fell 74-66.
Harrison scored 20 or more points in back-to-back games for the first time since heading overseas, scoring 28 in a 73-70 loss at Allianz San Giovanni and 23 in a 77-70 loss to Costa Masnaga last week. The Volunteer Virtuoso also tacked on 13 rebounds in each game, giving her seven double-doubles since heading overseas.
Anigwe continues to rehab from injury after playing limited minutes for Great Britain.
Davis looked refreshed after two weeks off and a quick journey home, scoring 29 points to go along with four rebounds and three assists in an 83-73 victory at Hatay on Sunday. Davis has now scored over 100 points overseas and is averaging an impressive 23.2 points per game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 19, 2020
- Kelsey Plum to Call No. 22 Arkansas at Florida Game on SEC Network, Sunday, February 23 - Las Vegas Aces
- Sun Acquire All-Star Briann January, 2021 Draft Pick as a Part of a Three-Team Trade - Connecticut Sun
- Mercury Add Jessica Breland and Nia Coffey to Phoenix Family - Phoenix Mercury
- Dream Acquire Courtney Williams in Three-Team Trade - Atlanta Dream
- Wings Overseas Roundup - February 18 - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Re-Sign Three-Time All-Star Allie Quigley - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.