Wings Lineup against Liberty Sunday in Season Finale
With a spot in the playoffs still possible for Dallas, the Wings (7-14) lineup against the New York Liberty (2-19) at 11 a.m. CT on the CBS Sports Network tomorrow, September 12, in the finale of the 2020 WNBA regular season.
It is the second time the two rookie-laden teams have clashed this season, with Dallas getting the better of the Liberty in the first matchup, a 93-80 victory, the largest winning margin for the Wings this season. The Wings' attack features the WNBA's leading scorer, Arike Ogunbowale, who dropped 38 points the last time Dallas was on the court. The Notre Dame alumna scored 20 against the Liberty in the first game the teams played to lead Dallas scorers. Ogunbowale has had four games of 30 or more this season, the most of any player in the league, and has 14 games of 20 or more in the Wubble.
Ogunbowale joins elite company with Cynthia Cooper, Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore as the only players to average at least 22 points, 2.5 rebounds and 3 assists per game for an entire season. She is also one of only three players (Cooper and Seimone Augustus) to be a top three scorer through a player's first two seasons in the league.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 12, 2020
- Storm Swarms Mercury, 83-60 - Seattle Storm
- Seattle Storm to Begin Postseason Play in WNBA Semifinals - Seattle Storm
- Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - 9.12 vs. Indiana - Minnesota Lynx
- Aces Clinch Top Two Spot, Double Bye in Playoffs with 84-70 Win over Sparks - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Lineup against Liberty Sunday in Season Finale - Dallas Wings
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Washington Mystics - New York Liberty
- Bria Holmes Out for the Season - Connecticut Sun
- Fever End 2020 Regular Season against Minnesota on Saturday - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.