Wings Face Sky in Penultimate Game of 2020 Season
The Dallas Wings (7-13), still holding on to the last remaining playoff spot, face the Chicago Sky (11-10) Friday night at 7 p.m. CT in the second to last game of the 2020 regular season.
The last time these two teams met, Chicago walked away with a narrow 82-79 victory. Arike Ogunbowale, still the WNBA's leading scorer at 21.9 points per game, dropped 26 points and has scored 20 or more in every meeting against Chicago through her career to average 25.75 ppg against the Sky. The First Team All WNBA caliber player is one of nine players to ever average 21.9 ppg in a single season.
The last time these two teas faced off Marina Mabrey was easing into playing after suffering an injury in training camp, only playing seven minutes in her second game of the season back on August 4. The Notre Dame product has since moved into a starting role with the squad and is averaging 9.7 ppg on the year, 12.8 ppg since becoming a starter. Allisha Gray is another player who has blossomed since the Wings and Sky squared off. The South Carolina product became a starter two games later and has scored at least 12 points in every proceeding game except for three.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 10, 2020
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - 9.10 vs Las Vegas - Minnesota Lynx
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Indiana Fever - New York Liberty
- Wings Face Sky in Penultimate Game of 2020 Season - Dallas Wings
- Minnesota Lynx Announce Multi-Year Contract Extension with Damiris Dantas - Minnesota Lynx
- Five Wings Score in Double Figures in 107-95 Loss to Storm - Dallas Wings
- Postgame Notes - Atlanta 97, Chicago 89 - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.