Wings Bested by Sky 95-88
The Dallas Wings (7-14) lost to the Chicago Sky (12-10) 95-88 Friday night.
The Wings fell despite another incredible performance from the WNBA's leading scorer, Arike Ogunbowale, who scored 38 points on a night when Dallas was down to just eight players due to injuries. Fellow Irishwoman Marina Mabrey continued to facilitate the Wings offence, scoring 11 and dishing out seven assists to go along with three steals and three rebounds.
Kayla Thornton provided valuable minutes of the bench, dropping 11 to log the eighth time she has scored in double-digits this season. Allowing her to surpass 1,000 points for her career. She also grabbed six rebounds and dished out three assists in her 26 minutes.
The Wings next take on the New York Liberty (2-18) Sunday, September 13 on the second day of the Liberty's back to back at 11 a.m. CT on CBS Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 11, 2020
- Mercury Clinch Fifth Seed in 2020 WNBA Playoffs - Phoenix Mercury
- Postgame Notes - Atlanta 82, Connecticut 75 - Atlanta Dream
- Wings Bested by Sky 95-88 - Dallas Wings
- Aces Enter Final Weekend of Regular Season with Playoff Destiny Firmly in Their Grasp - Las Vegas Aces
- Fever Sweep Season Series against New York - Indiana Fever
- McCoughtry, McBride, Wilson Combine for 63 in Las Vegas' 104-89 Win over Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dallas Wings Stories
- Dallas Wings Make History, Take Collier No. 1 Overall and Kuier No. 2
- Dallas Wings and Los Angeles Sparks Exchange Draft Picks
- Dallas Wings Place Luisa Geiselsoder on Suspended List
- March 15 Overseas Recap and EuroLeague Overseas Preview
- Dallas Wings Name Coaching Staff