Wings 2019 Training Camp Report: Day 12
The Dallas Wings were in action today from the main court in College Park Center, hitting the floor as a team since leaving Connecticut with a 71-67 win against the hosting Sun. Head Coach Brian Agler got the offense and defensive side of the ball worked in today, looking to continue what was seen Tuesday night when rookies Arike Ogunbowale and Kennedy Burke we're the team's leading scorers, tallying 19 and 13, respectively. The team also spent a majority of time in practice today breaking down film, focusing on what can be worked on before Sunday's preseason home game against the Indiana Fever.
AT WAS SAID
"I thought we made some improvement in Connecticut. You always want a team that responds, absorbs what you say to them and applies it on the floor. I thought we did that from game one to game two. Today's practice wasn't a bad practice, sometimes when you have a day off it could not be the best practice in the world, but it was a good practice today." - Head Coach Brian Agler
"When I go out on the floor I want to play with confidence. I know I can't go out there and think so much because I know I'll make more mistakes. Just going out there and having confidence in myself, I can contribute more on both ends of the floor." - Kennedy Burke
AT IT LOOKED LIKE
AT'S UP NEXT
The Wings are back at it again tomorrow, putting in work for Sunday's preseason game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 16, 2019
- Wings 2019 Training Camp Report: Day 12 - Dallas Wings
- Sun Waive Magarity - Connecticut Sun
- Indiana Sweeps Chicago in Preseason Series - Indiana Fever
- Dallas Wings Trade Liz Cambage to Las Vegas Aces, Acquire Imani McGee-Stafford from Atlanta Dream - Dallas Wings
- Atlanta Dream Acquire 2020 Pick from Dallas for Imani McGee Stafford - Atlanta Dream
- Done Deal: Aces Trade for All-Star Center Liz Cambage - Las Vegas Aces
- Fever 20th Anniversary Team Announced - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.