Wildcats Top Tigre 4-2 on Pink in the Rink Night
Jordan Spence netted the eventual game-winner 1:37 into the third period, leading the Wildcats to a 4-2 victory over the Victoriaville Tigres, Saturday on 'Pink in the Rink' night at Avenir Centre.
Moncton have won six straight games and ten of their last eleven.
Mark Rumsey opened the scoring more than eleven minutes into the first period, but the Tigres tied the game 45 seconds later.
Jeremy McKenna restored the Wildcats' lead midway through the second. Victoriaville tied it again with fewer than six minutes remaining in the frame.
Spence gave Moncton the lead to stay just 97 seconds into the third period. Pelletier wrapped up the scoring with an empty-net goal in the final minute.
Spence, McKenna and Pelletier finished the night with a goal and an assist each. Alexander Khovanov earned three assists and was named first star. Goalie Olivier Rodrigue made 23 stops in the victory.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2019
- Wildcats Top Tigre 4-2 on Pink in the Rink Night - Moncton Wildcats
- Isles Sweep Season Series with Victory over the Huskies - Charlottetown Islanders
- Phoenix Edge Eagles After Late Winning Goal - Cape Breton Eagles
- Burns Nets Pair, Lifts Sea Dogs 4-1 over Mooseheads - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Islanders Look to Tame Huskies Once Again - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Moncton Wildcats Stories
- Weekend Games vs. Cape Postponed
- Wildcats Take Home the Win During Pink in the Rink Night
- Wildcats Pick up 3-1 Home Win over the Sea Dogs
- Two Cats Score Their First QMJHL Goals in Tight Game against the Islanders
- Back-To-Back Wins over the Sea Dogs, Cats on Top 4-3