WHL Announces East Division Schedule for 2020-21 Season
Prince Albert, SK - The Prince Albert Raiders knew how they were playing the 2020-21 WHL season, and now they know the dates.
On Wednesday in conjunction with the WHL, the Raiders announced their schedule for the 2020-21 Season. The Raiders begin their season on the first day of the East Division Hub Centre, facing off in the 8 p.m. CT matchup against the Regina Pats.
All 24 of the Raiders' games this year will take place at the Brandt Centre in the previously announced Hub Centre in Regina. The Raiders will play four games against each of the other six teams in the East Division. Games will begin at either 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. CT throughout the duration of the time at the Hub Centre.
Fans can watch all of the Raiders' games on the newly-launched WHL Live on CHL TV. Head to watch.CHL.ca for more information. Games will also be broadcasted on 900 CKBI with play-by-play broadcaster Trevor Redden on the call.
Here's a breakdown of our games by time and days of the week:
4:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 2 2
Monday 3 2
Tuesday 2 1
Wednesday 0 1
Thursday 2 2
Friday 2 1
Saturday 3 1
The WHL has developed an extensive set of protocols and believe the protective Hub environment will provide a high standard of safety, for not only players and staff, but the Regina community at large. The WHL will implement an ongoing weekly private PCR testing strategy.
Enhanced screening for all WHL players, billets, team staff and officials will take place on a daily basis, including regular temperature screenings as well as symptom monitoring through the WHL Athlete RMS Mobile Application. Masks must be worn by all WHL players at all times with the exception of when participating on ice for games and practices. WHL coaches will be required to wear masks at all times, including while conducting practice and while behind the bench during games.
As the WHL returns to play in the WHL Hub Centre in Regina, no spectators will be permitted to enter the Brandt Centre or Co-operators Centre.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2021
- Silvertips Announce Agreement with Everett Community College for 2020-21 Season Player Housing - Everett Silvertips
- Cougars Sign Michael Svenson to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Prince George Cougars
- ICE Fine Tune for Hub Test - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Flames Return Dustin Wolf to the Silvertips from the Stockton Heat - Everett Silvertips
- Western Hockey League Announces Schedule for Regina Hub - Swift Current Broncos
- Roster Unveiled for Upcoming Season - Spokane Chiefs
- Grubbe off to Strong Start as One of Rebels Six Assistant Captains - Red Deer Rebels
- WHL Announces East Division Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Prince Albert Raiders
- Saskatoon Blades Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Saskatoon Blades
- WHL Releases East Division Hub Schedule - Regina Pats
- Western Hockey League Announces East Division Schedule for 2020-21 Regular Season - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince Albert Raiders Stories
- Raiders Announce Partnership with NorSask Hockey Development, Global Sport Academy
- Paddock Backstops Raiders to Win Over Warriors
- Raiders Use Big Second Period to Down Pats
- Raiders Score Three in Third to Double Up Broncos
- Raiders Earn Point in OT Loss to ICE